Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Thread locks too soon

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Thread locks too soon
Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Or even just post the 80% version :) [considering finishing the last 20% of a game usually takes 80% of the time...]

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

How could you Pyotr out at 90% and not upload something? :o

Oh well - there's always next time :)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

When will next Speedhack be?
[checks a.cc start page]
Oh, I see. In 2011.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

Happy 6/9

(Get it, 69)

All non-americans be like: What's so special about 9/6?

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

The Japanese appreciate it, since their date format is 2016年6月9日 :)

Srsly, in terms of levels of logicalness, Japan > everywhere else > America >:( ;)

[EDIT]
I have an evil printer (HP Photosmart 5510):

• It promises me "rewards" for using genuine cartridges, which turn out to be 5% off some service I definitely don't want. Thanks. I cannot tell you the degree to which the misuse of that word "reward" makes me angry.

• It kept running out of inks I wasn't even using.

• It just refused to print in black and white because it claimed there was something wrong with the colour cartridges. Textbook Oatmeal. Also it won't even tell me what the problem is.

Well I've finally had enough and I've ordered a Brother DCP-9015CDW (I got it cheaper than that though). It's a laser (actually LED) printer, which is good for me since I don't print very often and inkjets seem to have to waste ink just to keep themselves working (but HP are still evil for the other reasons). Also it does full duplex, which is a feature I really wished I had.

I'm going to work from home today until it arrives, which could be any time between 9 and 7 (yay) :)

By the way, I didn't choose the old HP one. It was a Christmas present or something. Aren't I a grateful bastard :)

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Do you say fourth of July or July the fourth?

Years of thorough research have revealed that the red "x" that closes a window, really isn't red, but white on red background.

Years of thorough research have revealed that what people find beautiful about the Mandelbrot set is not the set itself, but all the rest.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

I make a conscious effort to say "the fourth of July", even though most people around me say "July the fourth", because I think the latter is an American wording and therefore naturally it needs to be resisted. I could be wrong of course. 8-)

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

"Fourth of July" is a special holiday, like "Christmas" or "Boxing Day".

More frequently with any other date people will say "June 30th" or "August 2nd".

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

people will say "June 30th"

Is that "June thirtieth" or "June the thirtieth"? I'm not a native English speaker, but to me, either sounds very technical, clumsy and shortened, not very different from "nine-eleven", while "the thirtieth of June" would sound more like natural language.

I guess I'm just affected by Swedish, my mother tongue, where we say "den trettionde juni", not "juni den trettionde". Though I wouldn't be supprised if the latter would become more popular in Sweden, where they just love to destroy their language and replace everything with English idioms.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Mark, really? What I said reflects my approach to and understanding of any date, not just that one - yet you're saying that the one date which is particularly only relevant to Americans is the one date where people DON'T use what I understood to be the American wording :o

Johan, you talk as if you emigrated - where to? :)

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Johan Halmén
Member #1,550
September 2001

Johan, you talk as if you emigrated - where to?

Nope. I'm born in Finland. Swedish is spoken in Sweden, Finland and Estonia. Only in Sweden it's the main language.

Rodolfo Lam
Member #16,045
August 2015

Just keeping the thread alive gentlemen... Keep doing whatever you were doing :)

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

It locks too soon !

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

Thankyou Rodolfo. :)

-----------------
Current projects: Allegro.pas | MinGRo

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

--
The brxybrytl has you.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

(NSFW)

F1hGxgv.gif

That motorcycle though. :o:-*

Append:

Relevant:

{"name":"pIlZoonMOJDX.gif","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/3\/831ec54ed9e87c4385a08a1140ceadc7.gif","w":384,"h":256,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/3\/831ec54ed9e87c4385a08a1140ceadc7"}pIlZoonMOJDX.gif

Been there. Luckily I've avoided the parked car so far. The worst part is when you upload a GoPro video of your ride and share it with your girlfriend long forgetting that part and then realize your mistake when she gets angry. :(

Append:

I can do this for weeks. >:(

Yoga Pants

AKA: I Should Have Been A Yoga Instructor

giphy.gif

Are you guys familiar with these things? Girls just wear these things out. Like, outside. Like, to the mall. Presumably school. Greatest and worst invention ever.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

This is bambams :)

{"name":"latest","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/5\/c57b9f8bb2f879ff604043ffcf56a75a.jpg","w":720,"h":480,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/5\/c57b9f8bb2f879ff604043ffcf56a75a"}latest

video

http://azumanga.wikia.com/wiki/Kimura

--
The brxybrytl has you.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Clearly the current topic has died, and I can't think of another one right now.

I got my PocketChip on Friday however. Now to figure what to do with it. Seems pretty powerful though. Can't wait for the combine firmware that will allow me to use both the PocketChip and the HDMI adapter.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

O Thread! My Thread!

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I want to buy a thermal camera.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

This morning I'm a walking dead. Last night music set repetition stopped so late that I wasn't home until 3:00 am. Alarm clocked at 7:00, and it.was.so.hard.
/mylife

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

Happy Canada Day, eh.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I have a complaint! Why are the chips on credit cards so damn easy to break? For those who lived in areas where the chips were standard for over a decade, do they break often for you?

With the mag stripe, often times you can "fix" by using a plastic bag (Why it works I have no clue), but near as I can tell, not the case for chips.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

I've been lucky myself.

But something that I do struggle with: trousers when you cycle a lot! Why do they break so often?

--
The brxybrytl has you.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I have only had my chip "break" once. It literally cracked in half, along with the card surrounding it. I think just normal wear/tear from being put in and out of a wallet and sitting on it, etc. Not unreasonable. I think that the chip readers are far more vulnerable. I've been to several establishments where the cashier has to take my card and do it herself because the machine is finicky. And sometimes it just won't work at all.

We now have "contactless payment" (I can't figure out a more generic technology name/brand that applies universally) in most establishments. You just bring the non-chip end of your card into proximity of a reader and it pays without entering a pin number. Seems somewhat insecure, but I'm assuming that the banks/credit companies are assuming most of the risk (which will obviously get transferred to us, the customer)... But people don't care. Everybody uses them. They are extremely convenient. But you still have issues with them where they just don't work. Contactless is faster, but contactless + chip + pin is slower than just chip + pin. :P Also an RFID-blocking wallet is now mandatory for many cards, but it's hard to find a durable RFID-blocking wallet that won't break the bank.

Go to: