Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » A reason to bash linux? Get it?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
A reason to bash linux? Get it?
Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Elias said:

Your web server will set an environment variable with your GET request since that's how it's always done.

That's not the norm, at least in any modern setup that I know of.

Also Debian/Ubuntu symlink /bin/sh to /bin/dash, so unless the script actually specifies /bin/bash, you're safe from all of this. And anything that is using a shell to just set up a sub command should be using /bin/sh.

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

The bug known as "bash" has infected both OS/X and Line Ucks systems.

{"name":"john-stewart-facepalm.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/0\/f\/0f326a1fae2a745224a6a068559260df.png","w":550,"h":310,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/0\/f\/0f326a1fae2a745224a6a068559260df"}john-stewart-facepalm.png

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

That's not the norm, at least in any modern setup that I know of.

How many people still use basic CGI? (ie: php-cgi NOT through fcgi)

I imagine most people use things like mod_php, fast-cgi and reverse proxying to wsgi style apps.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I agree with everything that man said, and ended with 80's style slow clapping.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

1   2 

Go to: