Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Hockey? That's like 20 gold medals. :o

pkrcel
Member #14,001
February 2012

NiteHackr said:

Yeah, it's called the end of Winter. Snow usually starts to melt around this time of year. It is usually totally gone in about a month from now. Hardly global warming, unless you're talking about the normal warming that takes place every year at this time.

"Sochi Weather, more spring than winter"....I mean that is a RESORT CITY....nope not like Cortina or Aspen....more like Montecarlo ;D ;D ;D

It is unlikely that Google shares your distaste for capitalism. - Derezo
If one had the eternity of time, one would do things later. - Johan Halmén

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

And yet another win for Canada.

Suck it America.

At the very least, we get another silver. If not gold.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

zerohedge said:

USA wins 2-1, seasonally adjusted for the icy conditions

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Has Canada won the NHL recently? I seem to remember a long string of American wins. :-/

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

Haha, it says Anže Kopitar is from Yugoslovia. ;D

In capitalist America bank robs you.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Has Canada won the NHL recently? I seem to remember a long string of American wins. :-/

Considering the proportion of Canadian players on american teams, yes. We always win.

Checkout Alberta alone.

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I'm still waiting for Canada to win in the NFL. They're really lagging as a country.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I'm pretty sure there are a few canadians on NFL teams as well ;)

append: All your sport are belong to us.

--

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

I'm still waiting for Canada to win in the NFL. They're really lagging as a country.

I'm still waiting for the Muricans to win on the CFL.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

jhuuskon
Member #302
April 2000

Congrats to team Canada for the gold.

You don't deserve my sig.

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

Go go Mother Russia!

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

NiteHackr said:

I'm still waiting for the Muricans to win on the CFL.

Sadly, they did. There was one year where two or three US teams joined the CFL, then one of them won the Grey Cup, and then all the teams folded. Seems noone watched them down there.

jhuuskon said:

Congrats to team Canada for the gold.

You don't think sweden has a chance in hell then? I'm pretty sure they've been playing some good hockey. finland was doing pretty good as well.

--

jhuuskon
Member #302
April 2000

You don't get it. It doesn't matter who wins. All that matters is that sweden doesn't. ;)

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

jhuuskon said:

It doesn't matter who wins. All that matters is that sweden doesn't. ;)

HAHAHA.

You did know I'm part swedish right? >:(

--

jhuuskon
Member #302
April 2000

It doesn't take a lingust to figure that one out, Mr. Fjällström. :)

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

jhuuskon said:

It doesn't take a lingust to figure that one out, Mr. Fjällström. :)

;) Also, before my great grandfather immigrated, his name was larson or larsson. One of the two.

--

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Can the Russian Federation hold on to their lead? 29 medals for the WORLD SUPER POWER. :o

blargmob
Member #8,356
February 2007

Viktor Ahn's gold in the 500m and relay last night was the most glorious thing I've ever seen.

---
"No amount of prayer would have produced the computers you use to spread your nonsense." Arthur Kalliokoski

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

Victor.. Seriously. This guy is Korean, he was brought in for these games I suppose. Oh well, Russia has had to win this.

blargmob
Member #8,356
February 2007

It was totally amazing. The way he handled the 500m final was crazy. He's a monster on skates! 10/10 would watch again.

---
"No amount of prayer would have produced the computers you use to spread your nonsense." Arthur Kalliokoski

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

Youtube link?

blargmob
Member #8,356
February 2007

I don't think you can find it on YT because of NBCs rights to ownership of the footage, but you should be able to find it on NBCs website.

---

Go to: