Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » The Depot » My first iPhone game "Fruit Clear"

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
My first iPhone game "Fruit Clear"
Hilake
Member #6,153
August 2005

Thanks Allegro, Thanks you guys for your helper!
I have finished my first iPhone game "Fruit Clear". Even though it's a sample game, it's a hard work to complete it. Now I have my first complete finished game.

I use Allegro 5. The version of 5.1. The art is use Gimp, but now I use ASEPRITE v0.9, I think it is more easy to use and it have features what I need. The sound effect is used by "sfxr".

Here is a screen short of my game:
{"name":"605368","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/d\/f\/df6bea9e4db9dcc53377927f75d44253.png","w":640,"h":960,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/d\/f\/df6bea9e4db9dcc53377927f75d44253"}605368

The App Store Link:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fruit-clear/id477083671?mt=8

Anyone want to play it, can give me message. I have a lot of Promotional Codes prepare for you. I'm glade you can give me some suggests, and you can post the review if you want.;D

I use allegro for my iPhone games.
Lost Sprite
Fruit Clear

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

Congrats. Is this game using Allegro 5?

Hilake
Member #6,153
August 2005

Congrats. Is this game using Allegro 5?

Yes.It use Allegro 5. Finally I use Allegro 5.1. And thanks you help of my other post.:)

Lost Sprite
Fruit Clear

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

That's fantastic! :) It looks good.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I would love a promocode, but I don't have an iOS device, so it would be pretty useless :(

Game looks good at any rate :)

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Hilake
Member #6,153
August 2005

I have edited my post. I forgot write the tools I used in my game.
Thanks you reply.

I use Allegro 5. The version of 5.1. The art is use Gimp, but now I use ASEPRITE v0.9, I think it is more easy to use and it have features what I need. The sound effect is used by "sfxr".

Lost Sprite
Fruit Clear

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

It's a good game. You made a spelling mistake (oh Lord, don't remind me of that other thread) on the level clear screen: "Levle Up". Time mode is more fun. I never got any 8 fruit combos so I didn't get to do the swipe :(.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

How about a video of gameplay on YouTube? Assuming that can be done, of course. Or maybe somebody could record the phone with a webcam. This might help sales too.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

You can take a video of the simulator and use something like ScreenFlick (or QuickTime if you have some video editing software to crop down to just the game screen, which would be free) to record it. Or a camera pointed at the screen works too.

Hilake
Member #6,153
August 2005

It's a good game. You made a spelling mistake (oh Lord, don't remind me of that other thread) on the level clear screen: "Levle Up". Time mode is more fun. I never got any 8 fruit combos so I didn't get to do the swipe :(.

;D. The mistake is stupid.
You can have a try. I have got 25 fruit combos when I play the game. So I have made a "Challenge Mode". You can Challenge it. It is coming soon of next version. It's waiting for review.

Lost Sprite
Fruit Clear

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

How does the challenge mode work?

Hilake
Member #6,153
August 2005

The challenge mode is 25 levels. It will give you a goal in every level. For example, clear 25 apples at one time. So you must complete it you will finish the level. If you use less step to complete it, you will get more star for reward.

Lost Sprite
Fruit Clear

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

Sounds good! Good luck with your game! :D

Hilake
Member #6,153
August 2005

I didn't know how to promote the app. Thanks you advise. I will take a video, hope it help sales.:D

Now I will focus to complete my next game.

Lost Sprite
Fruit Clear

Neil Walker
Member #210
April 2000

Well done.

I'd swap some of the screenshots around at the itunes site, the first three in a row all look the same.

I haven't tried it, but if you're going to do an update maybe add some shadows? it looks a bit confusing with those 7 oranges overlaying the screen - I assume they are pickups or you've got a combo of sorts and have animation?

Neil.
MAME Cabinet Blog / AXL LIBRARY (a games framework) / AXL Documentation and Tutorial

wii:0356-1384-6687-2022, kart:3308-4806-6002. XBOX:chucklepie

Trent Gamblin
Member #261
April 2000

Shadows aren't a bad idea. I didn't know what those oranges were doing there when I just saw the screenshot. There's an animation after you clear them.

Hilake
Member #6,153
August 2005

Yes, there's an animation after you clear them. They will fall down when you clear them. I just want to the screenshots more vivid. So I take those screenshots when the fruit falling. If these screenshots confuse somebody, I will change them.

Lost Sprite
Fruit Clear

Neil Walker
Member #210
April 2000

I meant add shadows to the fruit you clear that are overlayed on the screen and transition out.

Neil.
MAME Cabinet Blog / AXL LIBRARY (a games framework) / AXL Documentation and Tutorial

wii:0356-1384-6687-2022, kart:3308-4806-6002. XBOX:chucklepie

AMCerasoli
Member #11,955
May 2010

Nice man!, congratulations!.

Now, the next one! ;D

Go to: