Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » minecraft

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
minecraft
23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

kdevil said:

Wow. I didn't think it was possible, but I've actually run out of cobblestone. :o Anyone have a few large chests of cobblestone they want emptied?

The chest directly under my biosphere has several stacks you're welcome to. Feel free to leave me some sand, since I still need lots of Sandstone. :)

--
Software Development == Church Development
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

omasu, you can walk over that and the terrain collides normally, but it's invisible. I have the same issue pretty frequently. It looks neat though.

Yeah, I noticed that. All the stuff seems to be there, and you can even remove blocks, but you just can't see it.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Well, some jerk decided to flood my tunnel entrance (which means flood it to the bedrock, since it's all stairs down). Jerk. :P

In better news, someone left me 8 stacks of sand (kdevil, I assume). Much thanks! ;D

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Well, some jerk decided to flood my tunnel entrance (which means flood it to the bedrock, since it's all stairs down). Jerk.

Its not that hard to fix. But really, shit happens when you don't know theres something there.

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

I'm also getting attacked a lot. I lost all my materials so no weapons, no armor ... construction on the server is a PITA right now. :(

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I just connected and it was great :o

But yeah, reports are that theres a lot more mobs again.

--

CGamesPlay
Member #2,559
July 2002

Minecraft should have some like global weather trends and that sort of thing. Like, it's raining everywhere on every server, or there's no mobs for a week and then a massive ambush everywhere. Could be fun.

--
Tomasu: Every time you read this: hugging!

Ryan Patterson - <http://cgamesplay.com/>

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

Minecraft should have some like global weather trends and that sort of thing. Like, it's raining everywhere on every server, or there's no mobs for a week and then a massive ambush everywhere. Could be fun.

It could be fun, but I'd prefer that sort of thing be adjustable on the server level rather than sweeping through every server.

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Ah, I see. Someone's making a large underground redstone something-or-other and mined into my water flow, cutting it off in a most inconvenient way. Oh well, fixed. :)

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Neil Walker
Member #210
April 2000

if anyone's interested, zan's minimap is finally 1.5 compatible :)

It could be me, but it seems to run a lot slower with the minimap running that it used to (threads on or off).

Neil.
MAME Cabinet Blog / AXL LIBRARY (a games framework) / AXL Documentation and Tutorial

wii:0356-1384-6687-2022, kart:3308-4806-6002. XBOX:chucklepie

kdevil
Member #1,075
March 2001

In better news, someone left me 8 stacks of sand (kdevil, I assume)

Yup, I figured a 1-to-1 trade for cobblestone was fair. Now I can get started on the interior of my volcano lair!

-----
"I am the Black Mage! I casts the spells that makes the peoples fall down!"

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Half the lower section is filled out now. I'm going to stay after work and do a little more today just because the connection from here is more reliable for some reason.

EDIT: Server went kaput? :'( Also, I hate monsters spawning on my project; no torches to keep them off. :( I need coal and more sand ...

I wandered around a bit too; nice pagoda, whoever that is up north.

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Maybe step up the speed? (if you have an ISP that works that way)

[edit] Smelt tree trunks for charcoal.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Nah, the connection is crappy here too, just sees more good connections than home. That just changed, so I'm heading out. :)

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

It seems shaw has a SERIOUS latency problem in many areas of its network. So if you're on shaw, you may have problems with games, voip, or any other app that always needs low latency. Its especially worse if you're using your upload for anything. Even using half of your upload will jack up your latency a bunch.

Someone I know here in edmonton is talking with someone at shaw who actually seems to know what he's doing over there, so this problem[1] might resolve itself in time.

--

Crazy Photon
Member #2,588
July 2002

Was just curious to get in and see what's going on, and the wooden house is gone ???

-----
Resistance is NEVER futile...

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

The one on the water? Yeah I saw that -- it looks like a suicide guy blew up on his deck.

My sky tower seems to be a bit ransacked. The trees were taken out and my chests are all empty now.

No one seems to be online -- kinda boring playing online by myself.

Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

I'd be online more, if the damn game would run on more than 5 FPS. It runs fine sometimes, but mostly it doesn't.

I came back to the spawn today thanks to Crazy Photon. Saw Dario's house. I doubt that was a creeper, isn't the damage too big?

In capitalist America bank robs you.

Crazy Photon
Member #2,588
July 2002

I was just there with vanneto, but the server's started to lag horribly...

I don't think it was just suicide, the damage is too big:

{"name":"604007","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/9\/a99da052006d206362d65a5dd0d598ff.png","w":1366,"h":716,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/9\/a99da052006d206362d65a5dd0d598ff"}604007

-----
Resistance is NEVER futile...

ImLeftFooted
Member #3,935
October 2003

The damage looks weird -- looks it's more likely to be a bug than vandalism.

kdevil
Member #1,075
March 2001

Looks like the place burned down. That would explain why the stairs and fences are still intact.

-----
"I am the Black Mage! I casts the spells that makes the peoples fall down!"

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

I keep getting logged out every few minutes. Not sure why.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

Yea, the house got burned down.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

23yrold3yrold
Member #1,134
March 2001

Oh yeah, I saw that. It looked really odd because the water itself seems to have left a hole. I was hoping nobody was vandalizing. :(

Creeper took out a small part of my biosphere. Little bugger.

EDIT: Just to be different, here's an "interior" shot. Poached extra torches from my home base; hopefully this'll keep the spawns off me. At least I got some sand farming in ... and those creepers have left some rather nice holes across the landscape ...

{"name":"604008","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/f\/5fbdd79814bc211c8996bd36673779c4.png","w":854,"h":480,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/f\/5fbdd79814bc211c8996bd36673779c4"}604008

--
Step 1. Build it.
Step 2. Pray.

Dario ff
Member #10,065
August 2008

:'(

EDIT: Wait. Notch implemented weather. Weather implies thunderstorms. Oh... Son of a bitch.

TranslatorHack 2010, a human translation chain in a.cc.
My games: [GiftCraft] - [Blocky Rhythm[SH2011]] - [Elven Revolution] - [Dune Smasher!]

Go to: