Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » short-track

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3   4 
short-track
Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Favorite Torah Bright (AUS [dyslexic USA]) wins women's halfpipe.

But Hannah Teter (USA) and Kelly Clark (USA) take silver and bronze! USA starting to run away with the medals (17). :-/

Can powerhouse Germany keep up (11)? Are there any more sledding events? They do good in sleds.

Canada is well off its stated goal of winning the most medals. :'(

van_houtte
Member #11,605
January 2010

i own this hoodie, it's really nice

{"name":"11.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/d\/6d2d4fe18d95c1b586ebdb343990eba1.jpg","w":500,"h":500,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/6\/d\/6d2d4fe18d95c1b586ebdb343990eba1"}11.jpg

-----
For assistance, please register and click on this link to PM a moderator

Sometimes you may have to send 3-4 messages

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

USA just picked up its 6th gold and 18th overall.

:-X

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Canada got its third Gold today (7 over all). I think we're doing pretty good.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

{"name":"20100218.gif","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/1\/7\/173d5e36b2072b7bef8579785050f9a1.gif","w":756,"h":305,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/1\/7\/173d5e36b2072b7bef8579785050f9a1"}20100218.gif

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

USA is the first to 20. :o

verthex
Member #11,340
September 2009

USA is the first to 20. :o

I'm surprised how all the more northern wintry countries don't get there first.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

verthex said:

I'm surprised how all the more northern wintry countries don't get there first.

Theres a couple problems this year. A lot of thing have been different this year some how. A lot of people have been wiping out or totally flipping out. Not to mention the US has been funding their olympic team steadily for decades now. Many countries, including Canada just don't properly fund their team. Which is sad. If we really wanted to "Own the podium" like the advertising claims, we should have been funding our athletes more regularly for the past couple decades.

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

verthex
Member #11,340
September 2009

we should have been funding our athletes more regularly for the past couple decades.

But most Olympic athletes have a turnaround of less than a decade, even 4 years, no?

Goalie Ca
Member #2,579
July 2002

Shit happens.

-------------
Bah weep granah weep nini bong!

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

verthex said:

But most Olympic athletes have a turnaround of less than a decade, even 4 years, no?

You think training an olympic athlete takes only 4 years? :P Not to mention proper equipment and facilities.

Canada just won its 4th gold medal :) we're 4th over all in golds and total medal count :)

--

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Not to mention proper equipment and facilities.

Funny you mention that....

Neil Walker
Member #210
April 2000

I haven't watched a single thing. Last I heard there wasn't much snow and the weather was a bit crap with not much visibility.

Saying that, I see Britain won in the women's skeleton (head first sledging really) yesterday. Which is quite good given Canada cheated on this event by allocating their people 10 times the amount of practise runs than every other country.

Neil.
MAME Cabinet Blog / AXL LIBRARY (a games framework) / AXL Documentation and Tutorial

wii:0356-1384-6687-2022, kart:3308-4806-6002. XBOX:chucklepie

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

And Britain cheated by using illegal equipment! :o

Neil Walker
Member #210
April 2000

Bad losers. There is only one exception to when there really has been a legitimate claim to breach of rules is when England are knocked out of the world cup.

Neil.
MAME Cabinet Blog / AXL LIBRARY (a games framework) / AXL Documentation and Tutorial

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

I don't mind that you guys cheated on the sleds. Anybody dumb enough to want to get more speed down that Canadian death trap deserves to win. :-X

~

Apolo Ohno overcomes Canada's attempt to tackle him on the short-track, picking up USA's 23rd medal. :o

~

USA picks up another gold in skiing. USA crushes Canada in hockey! :o

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

USA crushes Canada in hockey! :o

I have to admit, your Goalie was significantly better than ours.

--

Neil Walker
Member #210
April 2000

are they allowed to fight in olympic hockey?

Neil.

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

USA crushes Canada in hockey!

Are the Canadiens oot of it yet? What's the medal count now?

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Bob Keane said:

Are the Canadiens oot of it yet? What's the medal count now?

No chance of us getting the most medals. But we're 5th over all (3rd in gold count). And we're not out of the mens hockey race yet either. Have to beat Germany tomorrow to get in the finals, then we'd play Russia later this week.

append:

Canada is now tied for first in Gold Medal count :) Suck it USA and Germany. You can have all the bronze medals you want ;D

--

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Lots of silly events over the past few days. Germany was catching up to USA on the power of its sledding, but USA has pulled away again with 32 medals. :o

Canada has won a lot of gold medals over the past few days, but still sits in fourth place. Could the USA-Canada hockey game determine the country with the most gold medals? But maybe there are still a few more hills for Germany to slide down.

Currently, USA is crushing Finland 6-0 in hockey after 13 minutes of play. 8-)

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Canada has won a lot of gold medals over the past few days, but still sits in fourth place.

We're tied for first place in gold. ;)

--

Goalie Ca
Member #2,579
July 2002

We'll probably get 2 in curling :)

-------------
Bah weep granah weep nini bong!

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Curling in the Winter Olympics is like having American Football in the Summer Olympics. :P

There is more short-track racing tonight. Go Ohno!

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Curling in the Winter Olympics is like having American Football in the Summer Olympics. :P

Except its actually a scott game iirc. we just appropriated it (and a large number of scotts ;D)

--

1   2   3   4 

Go to: