Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Installation, Setup & Configuration » Visual Studio 2008 error 0xc0150002 when trying to execute binary?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Visual Studio 2008 error 0xc0150002 when trying to execute binary?
blargmob
Member #8,356
February 2007

@Mat:

I read your Visual Studio 2005 post about this error, but how can I fix this for Visual Studio 2008? On some computers my app runs fine, like on other developer computers. But on some other computers (end-user specifically) I get the 0xc0150002 error when trying to run it. I've included the Visual Studio run-time libs with my binary but that doesn't help. What's wrong here?

---
"No amount of prayer would have produced the computers you use to spread your nonsense." Arthur Kalliokoski

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

It's possible you are distributing an application that relies on 2005 and 2008. That is, perhaps you are shipping a DLL that is built on 2005, but an exe that is built on 2008. In that case, both runtimes would be required.

blargmob
Member #8,356
February 2007

Hmm..the app I'm talking about is in the depot forum. How can I make it only require run-times from 2008? I followed the 2008-specific directions to do this, but it still requires 2005 run-times!?

---
"No amount of prayer would have produced the computers you use to spread your nonsense." Arthur Kalliokoski

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

It is just one possibility. Make sure you are compiling in release mode without any debugging.

blargmob
Member #8,356
February 2007

Yeah, I'm doing that. So I'm:

- Building as a release
- Putting the Microsoft.VC90.CRT folder in the same dir as the binary
- Including all allegro dll's with the Binary

So the folder looks like:

- MyGame
    - MyGame.exe
    - alld42.dll
    - alleg42.dll
    - allp42.dll
    - Microsoft.VC90.CRT (folder)

Hopefully that might help you ???

---

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Did you build the alleg42.dll file yourself with VS 2008? And don't include the ald42.dll or the allp42.dll as they are not needed.

blargmob
Member #8,356
February 2007

No, I am using the alleg42.dll that came with allegro.

---

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

So I direct you to my first post. Are you using the 2005 version of alleg42.dll?

blargmob
Member #8,356
February 2007

I just realized that, I now have the 2008 dll, I'm testing now........

HAHA! It works! Thanks! :)

---

Go to: