Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Speakers not working

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Speakers not working
Vanneto
Member #8,643
May 2007

Hello everyone.

Today, I went out and bought some new speakers. Logitech x-140 I think they are. Now, the problem is, they dont work. Well, they do work, hardwarically speaking, but they have their own minds, they play when they want to, sometimes yes and sometimes no.

Now, the previous speakers ( REALLY OLD ones, I think they were Juster brand ) work. Could this be a problem of the sound card/drivers? I really need to get them to work, so any help is really appreciated, and as always, awarded with Cookies!

Thanks!

In capitalist America bank robs you.

Slartibartfast
Member #8,789
June 2007

(Assuming XP)
1) Are the soundcard drivers properly installed? (Even onboard soundcards need drivers)
2) The soundcard drivers will probably come with some sort of control program, check it and see that everything is properly configured.
3) Check for "Sounds and Audio Devices" under the Control Panel and see (under Audio tab) if the "Sound Playback" lists the corrects device, and under Volume make sure the speakers are properly configured. In Advanced->Performance you might also want to see if Hardware Acceleration has any effect on the problem.
4) Make sure everything is connected properly :P (This can be a problem on some speakers where the connection to their amplifier is a bit sketchy. I'm not really sure how your speakers are setup)
5) Its also a good idea to see if the speakers work in other places. Try connecting the speakers to another computer, or maybe to your MP3 player.

That's all the ideas I've got right now.

jhuuskon
Member #302
April 2000

If one pair of speakers work and another doesn't, then the one par that doesn't is probably broken. Simple as that. They're analog devices anyway and there's very little that can be broken with them.

You don't deserve my sig.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

I have problems with the jacks not being the correct length, I have to wiggle and jiggle them to make a connection (and then avoid bumping them)

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Go to: