http://www.westfield.no/
what do you think of that. i'm going to build it for him.;D

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

Billybob
Member #3,136
January 2003

Are you trying to make my humor go nuclear?

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

what do you mean?

wow

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

Perpetual energy hasn't worked yet, but this seems like it may be possible (other perpetual energy machines I've seen don't use gravity like this one does).

Although that website is crap and that makes me skeptical of it's credibility. For example, most of the stuff is images, and the explanation page is broken.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

there another guy on youtub that has working model of one that uses off set magnates

wow

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I don't think this attempt is particularly clever for all the "free energy" gimmicks out there. Until we can pull energy out of our ass, there won't be anything remotely close to "free energy". Even if we can start pulling energy out of our asses, it still came from somewhere. Conservation of energy, look it up. ;)

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Bob
Free Market Evangelist
September 2000

Quote:

Perpetual energy hasn't worked yet, but this seems like it may be possible (other perpetual energy machines I've seen don't use gravity like this one does).

Lisa, in this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics!

Sorry, perpetual motion (or energy) machines just aren't possible.

--
- Bob
[ -- All my signature links are 404 -- ]

HardTranceFan
Member #7,317
June 2006

I'm curious how the balls on the right travel up without the expenditure of energy.

If you want free energy, get a wind turbine (and pump excess energy back into the national grid for a refund) or go solar.

--
"Shame your mind don't shine like your possessions do" - Faithless (I want more part 1)

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

Looks to me like the balls on the right use the back side of the belt that drives the arms. And think of all the friction that eats up much of the energy put into the system :o

--
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

i post a solution to fill balls with gas and submerge the right half.
its easy to life one ball
sorry bob i have to tell you your wrong.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1woSe6UB0c8

wow

HardTranceFan
Member #7,317
June 2006

yeah Bob, school-boy knows more than you ;D

[edit]
Wouldn't the outer magnets in the video require an electrical current to function? Otherwise the magnets on the wheel would just oscillate between 2 outer magnets.

Picollo, please post, 'cos your sentences do not make any sense.
[/edit]

--
"Shame your mind don't shine like your possessions do" - Faithless (I want more part 1)

Kris Asick
Member #1,424
July 2001

(NOTE: YouTube undergoing maintenance right now, so I'll comment on the website link at the top.)

If you could make a perpetual motion machine, you could essentially turn that into enough electricity which could be used to power the world. Then, billions of dollars of research wouldn't have to go into new sources of energy.

As a result, the USA actually has a rule in their patent office that you cannot patent an actual perpetual motion machine without a working, proven model. (And look at the website... they've contacted a whole bunch of countries, but NOT the USA.)

So if anyone's truly made one, they would be extremely rich and famous and could afford better web authors and their papers would show that they have made contacts in the USA and not several other countries.

My thought on why this particular model wouldn't work is because in order to lift one ball up, you need the power of seven or eight. So when it comes time to lift another, well, all but one is sitting at the bottom!

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- http://www.pixelships.com

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- http://www.pixelships.com

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

There would need to be absolutely no friction, including any friction created by the generator....but that's what makes the generator, uhh.. generate.

As mentioned, if you want energy from virtually nothing, harness energy that is not being used and is always active. Wind power, solar power and hydro power are all forms of energy that have pre-existing fuel. :)

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

sorry bob i have to tell you your wrong.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1woSe6UB0c8

Once upon a time it was "It's true. I read it in a book," which became "It's true. I saw it on TV." Now it's "It's true. I saw it on YouTube."

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

there is probably a political reason the usa is not on the list of countries.

the out magnet are solid magnet the same found in any motor or generator.
edit:
there are a lot of things in the Usa they we don't know about until late. i just would out a few mounts ago the the usa had a cloaking device and thats old news when i found out. right now American main stream media is not geared towards technology.

what you have to see is in this model is not be made from nothing it is being converted from gravity.

wow

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Piccolo, the reason such a device cannot work is simple.

It takes as much energy to raise each ball as what each ball gains by dropping. So even if you had a frictionless system, the best it could do is break even. But since there is friction, some of the energy gained in dropping the balls is converted to heat, and so the system will actually lose energy, not magically gain "free" energy.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

If that was the case then a seesaw would not work. What we have here is gravity is putting energy in to 8 balls while we lift 1 ball. Don't for get we are using a pulley which also reduces the amount of energy the is needed to raise the ball.

edit:
and if you want more help lifting the ball we can add another force to help called boyency. like what i posted above.

wow

Bob
Free Market Evangelist
September 2000

Quote:

Don't for get we are using a pulley which also reduces the amount of energy the is needed to raise the ball.

Pullies don't reduce the needed energy to lift anything. Otherwise, you could just use pullies as a "free energy" system. The minimum energy to lift anything is the potential energy gained by the lift (ie: the break-even point). Compensating for friction will add to your energy requirements.

Quote:

If that was the case then a seesaw would not work.

I think you misunderstand how seesaws work...

--
- Bob

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Quote:

If that was the case then a seesaw would not work.

Try using a see-saw without either person pushing off from the ground.

Quote:

What we have here is gravity is putting energy in to 8 balls while we lift 1 ball.

Every ball still needs to be returned to the top. This still takes up as much energy, no matter how you do it.

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

seesaw... the haver side dominate the lighting side. in this example the case is a seesaw with 8 balls on one side and one ball on the other.

wow

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

And then you end up with the light side stuck up in the air for eternity.

--

Bob
Free Market Evangelist
September 2000

Quote:

seesaw... the haver side dominate the lighting side.

Euuh yeah. That process isn't lossless (or gains energy). It will lose energy through heat, and thus will not work perpetually.

--
- Bob

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

[quote ]And then you end up with the light side stuck up in the air for eternity.
</quote> edzackly my point. as long as the right side has more balls then the left there will always be energy to left the lift ball.

bob what your saying is that gravity less the the heat energy the is lost.
it sound like you completely undermining gravity

wow

Bob
Free Market Evangelist
September 2000

Quote:

bob what your saying is that gravity less the the heat energy the is lost.

I don't even know what that means. Can you rephrase? Gravity is a force (from distortion of spacetime), whereas heat is energy. You can't subtract one from another.

--
- Bob

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

bob what your saying is that energy that force gravity produces is less then that heat energy that is lost.

wow

Go to: