Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro Development » the test program

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
the test program
Milan Mimica
Member #3,877
September 2003

I noticed some problems with the menu of "test" program provided with allegro. It happens only if running in 24-bit color depth, notwithstanding the color depth X.org is currently running. X.org version is 6.8.2. Didn't test it on windows... yet.
Screenshot attached.

Also, why is not my Centrino processor detected?

A J
Member #3,025
December 2002

can you provide your CPU's details

Milan Mimica
Member #3,877
September 2003

never mind, I built allegro with ASM disabled

Ron Novy
Member #6,982
March 2006

Hi. My newest patch to the assembly code fixes all the blitting bugs but if you use Mode-X you could leave out the Mode-X changes. I'm not kidding about faster blits. I tested them against the C versions and from the tests I did the assembly is now faster... but thats only if you want to be faster in software.
http://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/582630 for dif patch

----
Oh... Bieber! I thought everyone was chanting Beaver... Now it doesn't make any sense at all. :-/

Milan Mimica
Member #3,877
September 2003

I downloaded you patch, had a glance over it, and I couldn't find any relevant changes that could fix my problems in the menus. What I forgot to tell in my first post is that this bug only occurs if allegro is compiled with ASM disabled, so it can't be an ASM bug, but rather a C btillers bug.

About your patch, you really need to split it in like 5 smaller patches. And be sure to make it against SNV version, it makes it really hard to apply it otherwise. Editing a diff is not difficult at all. Each line starting with "diff" is a beginning of a new patch. After you split it, you need to describe what does every single diff fix, under what circumstances the problem can occur, what features it adds and why is the feature needed. Good luck!

Go to: