Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » I HATE DISCORD!!!!!!

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
I HATE DISCORD!!!!!!
RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

https://paste.rs/ZtL.png
GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! DFIHDIGHIHdfighdfgjfdhirh$#&^%#*&$#^$*#&$^$*#&@(!@*@)(*!*@)(@!*$&)@(##*@🗮🗯🗰🗱🗮🗯🗰🗱🗮🗯🗰🗱🗮🗯🗰🗱🗮🗯🗰🗱🗮🗯🗰🗱🗮🗯🗰🗱🗴🗵🗶🗷🗴🗵🗶🗷🗴🗵🗶🗷🗣🗧🗧🗧🗧🗧🗧🗧🗧🗧🗧🗧🗧🗧🗧🗧🗧🕷🕸🕷🕸🕷🕸🕷🕸🕱🕱🕱🕱🕱🕱💢💣💥💢💣💥💢💣💥💢💣💥💢💣💥💢💣💥💢💣💥💢💣💥💢💣💥💢💣💥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💨🔪🔫💀💀💀💀💀👓👔🐡🐡🐡🐛🐛🐛🐛🌨🌩🌪🌨🌩🌪👹👺👻👼👽❌❌❌❌❌❌❌

::)::)::)::)::)

<spoiler> sorry by this crap-posting. </spoiler>

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

Anything wrong with IRC? :P

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

Discord does suck, but at least it will die before A.cc does.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

nah, what's the fun of being surrounded by botnets? There are better ways to feel loved. Discord is useless.

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

What botnets are you talking about?

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

I'm talking about the botnets that give you a warm welcome on discord, a typical dirty trick to make you feel loved and that discord is overpopulated, so that your social instincts make you stay among the masses, even though they don't really exist. :-/

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Discord is like the undead. We just gained our 100th member on the allegro discord server, but there has only been one post over the last few days.

It's not quite as dead as you make out here, there are some questions and messages every day. And it's impressive how quickly it's grown given there was hardly any advertising. It's true most members are lurking, but that's probably true of allegro.cc as well.

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

If everyone focused their efforts on allegro.cc instead of other networks, more people would come to the forum.

As I would do with this thread of messages, pure rage, but hey, it works! :3 8-)

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

My Discord pro/con list:

Pro:

• More modern user experience compared to IRC or forums.

• It's what the kids use these days. Discord is growing, IRC is shrinking.

• Mobile app: I can manage discord from my cell phone, while on the road.

• Sharing screenshots, copy/pasting larger bits of code, all without hassle

Con:

• Privately owned. But the same is true for allegro.cc, really.

• No public archive, not publicly browsable / searchable.

I'm not saying it's perfect. But IMHO, you're fighting windmills.

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

@amarillion
Yes, yes, whatever you say Sancho Panza, now help me load this spear!

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Do you also hate Mastodon?

I opened an account, let's see where this goes...

https://mastodon.gamedev.place/@amarillion

Go to: