This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
members.allegro.cc email down
Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Didn't realize anybody was still using that... Google recently started charging money for all custom domains with no regard to grandfathering in existing users, and I've never had payment on file.

I could possibly activate it for a month if there's stuff you need to get off. I assume they haven't actually removed any content.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

I use the email and the website. I suppose I could move it to my own domain now that I have one. I have everything backed up on my hard drive so do what you want. It was just convenient to have an extra email address.

EDIT
On the other hand if I had to pay to keep it how much would it cost?

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

Cheapest option with Google is $6/user/month for Business Starter edition, which is 30GB of storage for files, emails, and photos. I'd have to transfer over the account to you if you really wanted to do it. (Since I wouldn't want to manage billing.)

So you'd probably be better off setting up email (either via Gmail or some other service) on a domain you own.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

I use my member email quite a bit, for all my programming purposes, and I have lots of accounts I wouldn't want to transfer if I didn't have to.

I'm willing to pay $6 a month to keep the domain.

How hard would it be to keep my email address at members.allegro.cc?

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

I'm seeing if I can add it to my main Allegro.cc Google account which I was allowed to keep on the free tier (unlike members.allegro.cc). If so, then it wouldn't cost anything.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

I managed to sign in and evade google's 'security' measures. ;D. I also enabled IMAP and I can get my email through Thunderbird now despite all my old emails being gone. :/

APPEND
I'm still willing to pay to keep the website and ftp access if possible.

APPEND
Matthew, any news on the member websites?

Go to: