Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » NOBODY LOVE THIS FORUM ANYMORE!!!!!

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3 
NOBODY LOVE THIS FORUM ANYMORE!!!!!
LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

RmBeer2 said:

Even though I have offered an alternative forum, which could very well have more features like its own depots, blogs, mails, and more, only if people like YOU have fully invested in using it and supporting it.

If you actually have all of that working, then I'd definitely support it. Matthew has clearly moved on from here, and while it's amazing that he's still paying for all of this, without active support, things here are not going to get better. Matthew has also never shown any interest in passing the codebase on to anyone else so I doubt that is going to change either.

Discord is a good replacement for IRC, but it's no match for a searchable, bookmarkable knowledge base.

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

Edgar Reynaldo :

You should do couples therapy, I recently saw something similar on the internet about a male with low self-esteem who his wife pays attention to, so he cheats on him by dating another who is apparently more popular.
Is this what you are doing with the forums? BUT Allegro.cc needs fixing, WHILE I'm on discord.

You say leave the LSD, but what are you trying to defend here?

LennyLen :

Matthew is probably going through the same thing as me, he has no motivation to continue or complete the website. Even if he/i has the knowledge to do it, why should he/i do it? Could HE/I bother to complete a website flower like the one I've described, and then what? The website would be dead while everyone would try to rub against Discord, which would also remain dead, as always.
That's probably the reason why he's not even able to release his source code that he doesn't care about.
I also remember that everyone here the users says that nothing matters to him, but I remember that he fixed the web login, some of the depots files, the news blog is not as abandoned as he seems because he has surprised me with the new updated version of Allegro , changed the expiration of the themes, and apparently he is banning and deleting trolls in the background.

On the contrary, the web crashes a bit, and everyone leaves crying and screaming for discord. What I see is too much hypocrisy, the one that doesn't care is the users. They all suck an egg and they'd rather deliver their balls between the discord zippers, and pretend they love it.

They/you can cry and scream all they/you want and go for discord all because of their stupid wild advertising they/you can try to pretend that discord has all the users but it doesn't convince me even if that whole stack of users can come to my social network in 100%, it wouldn't be so different from cloning millions of bots for my social network, it would have the same impact, it could serve to attract idiot users who think my social network is full and could continue to be dead and grow their user graveyard , like a feedback loop of dead and useless users.
Nah, I'm definitely not convinced, that would only work if I wanted to trade with the stack of users and their personal data, such as names, emails, phone numbers (which demand so much, shitty social networks are dying for them), and everything else , because corporations have this stupid game of collecting data and selling it, I don't know why, but it's like a commodity, you create a site, gather users, and then you sell those user databases to corporate buyers, I've known many sites like this, there is a whole system to farm users. It seems as if the users are the vegetables that can be planted, grown, and harvested, and the corporations are in vegetative mode from participating in a pointless, shitty system that isn't even fun.
None of this should belong to the allegro programming forum, neither users nor administrators, none of it is even close to the FOSS mentality. There is no loyalty, possibly all broken by so much brainwashing by societies and corporations.

They/you just live doing stupid things. Do something coherent for once and stop lying. :/

๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ ๐ŸŒŸ BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) ๐ŸŒŸ C/C++ ๐ŸŒŸ GNU/Linux ๐ŸŒŸ IceCream/Cornet ๐ŸŒŸ ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

William Labbett
Member #4,486
March 2004

Will was here.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Take a Zanax ffs.

"I'm so high right now.... I have no idea what's going on"

-----sig:
โ€œPrograms should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.โ€ - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

A key difference between IRC and Discord is that the former is an open standard, whereas the latter is neither open nor a standard.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Nobody is forcing you to stop using IRC. People still use IRC in addition to Discord but in general, it's got everything you want for communication in a controlled community. It supports forum posts, threads, in addition to just channels.

And, in case people are worried this $15 billion dollar company might disappear one day (more so than A.CC?), you can easily download all the posts from a server (or all of your own posts) for archival purposes.

People basically use what's most convenient, and Discord is currently that. Lots of people were "worried" about github moving away from Subversion et al, and none of those dangers really followed through.

In most cases, it's just a bunch of old fart DOS programmers who don't want to try something new. :P

-----sig:
โ€œPrograms should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.โ€ - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

In most cases, it's just a bunch of old fart DOS programmers who don't want to try something new

Or young idealist who are afraid of "big business."

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Regardless, I would still really love to have allegro.cc back in working condition.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlare โ€ข AllegroFlare Docs โ€ข AllegroFlare GitHub

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I would, but I have a feeling he already has his priorities set in this case.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlare โ€ข AllegroFlare Docs โ€ข AllegroFlare GitHub

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

{"name":"1fa55eaec8976d97486cb10a6711159c.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/0\/5\/05ff1642cac3cc5d86f43643c0723fe4.jpg","w":625,"h":351,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/0\/5\/05ff1642cac3cc5d86f43643c0723fe4"}1fa55eaec8976d97486cb10a6711159c.jpg

Polybios
Member #12,293
October 2010

Currently, the site seems to be reachable again. I could read several threads without delay and now, I could even post. :o

As for the thread title, I still love a.cc :-*>:(

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I went to change my password recently, and the site went down when I clicked a link. It was up quickly, so I assume the server was restarted just before I clicked the link. If so, Matthew might have configured a reboot of whatever has PHP running to handle requests. The configuration might have a memory leak when it runs for long enough, and he just has it reboot once in a while to be proactive in stopping that.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

m c
Member #5,337
December 2004

This website has a LOT of really USEFUL upload attachments and comments and stuff, so it needs to stay up so we can search and access that stuff when we need to.

I don't think it needs any new features, just to keep running and not have errors or close down. But it would be nice I think if old threads were still visible in the board pages.

And I think discord is bad and telegram is better, but I don't like using those.

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

I'm still loving it, when it's reachable. A lot of google searches points to forums messages.

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Matthew is secretly watching from the alley ways of the internet. Ever notice how things mysteriously fix themselves? I'm personally still waiting for allegro.cc 3.0 . Then the circle will be complete.

Besides, didn't anybody notice how all the threads are unlocked? Matthew must be getting delirious.

8-)

1   2   3 

Go to: