Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

Hey peeps,

I released a new version of ItsyRealm!

video

New features:

• Add value to Ganymede's bow.

• Fix z-fighting with hair when wearing Ganymede's hat.

• Optimize buying from shops. Large quantity purchases should no longer freeze the game for a few seconds.

• Made long numbers in "constraints panels" (e.g., input/output/requirement panels) more readable by adding commas.

• Added more skin options.

• Improve visibility for hotspots used to travel between maps.

• Added skilling animations for various skills.

• Added copper ring & ghost binder's ring.

• Added or improved various areas of Rumbridge (currently inaccessible).

• Improve map editor decoration editing.

You can play it by downloading the launcher. Also, if you're cool, I can send you a Steam key.

Thanks.

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Wowo, pretty cool that you kept working on it !
I'm a fan since the betas you were sharing with us. You really improved it nicely, I like the unique atmosphere it have.
I'll come back to give you my impressions on your latest update. Thanks for sharing with us :-)

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

Thank you. ;D

I'll probably be working on ItsyRealm forever, haha.

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

The plan is broken into milestones, each milestone bumps up the version number by 0.1. Version 1 (hopefully I get there one day) will be the completion of the final quest that lets you win the game and content for all skills up to at least level 50, ideally level 60. Version 2 (hopefully) will bring content up to level 99 (the max) for all skills, plus quests, etc.

To be fair, 0.0 -> 0.1 and 0.1 -> 0.2 are probably the largest, longest, most feature-creep milestones and moving forward a milestone should take 2-4 months of dev hours at most.

I have 7 milestones planned out right now in no particular order:

• Rumbridge Castle, Town, and Port (working on this, should be done within a week or two)

• Cooking improvements + foraging improvements + farms + Super Supper Saboteur quest

• Sailing skill content + Raven's Eye quest

• Antilogika skill + Antilogika skill content + Mysterious Machinations quest

• Necromany skill content (no quest yet)

• Rumbridge monastery + Rumbridge cemetery + Ruminations quest

• Combat improvements

There's some stopgap filler tasks too, not assigned to milestones, such as more tree variety, firemaking improvements, etc.

I assume 10 hours of dev work per week. (This is an optimistic estimate, though.)

edit: Well I kinda have been working on it a lot and released 0.3.0.

- Add shop owners to Rumbridge town center
- Add chocoroach
- Fix nymph chase distance typo causing short chase distance
- When 3D-targetting mobs are idling, do not reset their rotation to identity
- Added Rumbridge basement
- Added Rumbridge dungeon
- Respect size and rotation of actor map objects
- Add Boops
- Add cotton (sock) armor
- Fix sequence break (you could walk through doors by taking an item behind a locked door)
- Add Rumbridge guards
- Add iron equipment
- Fix itsy shield and adamant shield item logic preventing proper defend animations
- Improve skybox slightly by using fog color, if available
- Add transportation to & from Rumbridge and Isabelle Island

Well, time to plan the next milestone...

---
they / she

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

One of the best games of the time, without a doubt.

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

video

Trailer for 0.3.0 :3

(Plus a teeny amount of inaccessible content)

edit: Released 0.3.2:

• Fix bug that prevented gaining XP or resources from a gatherable prop (e.g., tree or rock) when cancelling the action within a small window after the resource being depleted

• Add ground decorations to other tilesets, such as Isabelle Island & tropical islands

• Add sand tile to the "grassy plains" tile set

• Fix Rumbridge Port tiles under water (changed from grass to sand)

• Fix Chicken Politickin' map (the building was filled with sand)

• Refactored ground decorations, making adding new decoration types easier moving forward

• Fog no longer affects full lit objects

• Fix fog interpolation between ticks interpolating backwards

• Improve cut scenes with support for relative translation, playing attack animations, teleporting, rotation, and more

• Improved default interpolation methods in standard cutscene camera controller

• Add debug cut scenes to various areas of the game * in debug mode, play the cutscene by pressing Shift + F5 (or the DEBUG_TRIGGER_1 keybind); gameplay might suffer after playing the cutscene and will require reloading your save

• Don't require equipping 'tiered' tools (e.g., fishing rod, hatchet, pickaxe); the optimal one will automatically be used, so long as you have the requirements to use it

• Always show close button on title screen

• Improve failure notification location (pops up under mouse) & increased duration

• Fixed tool tip examine vanishing after hovering over a new object with a tool tip

• Improved duration of tool tips considerably

• Make undead squid unattackle & increase hitbox size to make fight easier

• Reduce load time of cannon on Jenkins ship

• Show tooltips when hovering over loot (i.e., dropped items)

• Show equipment stats in tooltips for bank, inventory, and equipment interfaces

• Tweak cow description

• Fix to Advisor Grimm's dialogue options

• Improved Advisor Grimm's description

• Change fullscreen UIs to brown (e.g., bank and character customization)

😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳

---
they / she

Go to: