Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » TINS / KrampusHack - what would you like to see next?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
TINS / KrampusHack - what would you like to see next?
amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

If you could request something to be added or changed in the next TINS or KrampusHack, what would it be?

• What features should I add to the site?

• How should I organize it differently?

• What should be changed in the rules?

• How do you want to receive announcements?

• Did you like the prizes? What kind of prizes would you like to see?

• What did you think of the T-shirts?

Let's just do some free style brainstorming. I'm not promising that I will implement every (or even any) request. But if we could dream for a moment, what would you like to see next?

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

The last change to the web design is still recent, I suggest leaving it for a while longer.
It's not yet possible for me to receive prizes physically, so if possible, I would prefer everything via the internet, such as paypal/bitcoins or exclusive/unique binaries files. If I get to participate in the next TINS of course.

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

This is a real moonshot, but would there be an interest in a steam-like platform for installing and running games? I remember a long time ago Miram made a multi-game runner kinda thing in Allegro 4.

My biggest thing, I would suggest a few changes to the webside, mostly improving the nav layout, header, and login flow which has always confused me a bit. Would you like some help with that?

RmBeer2 said:

I would prefer everything via the internet, such as paypal/bitcoins

I'd put up $100 bounty in bitcoin for the next champ.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlare • AllegroFlare Docs • AllegroFlare GitHub

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

RmBeer2 said:

I would prefer everything via the internet, such as paypal/bitcoins or exclusive/unique binaries files

I won't deal with bitcoin, but Paypal is fine. How do you feel about steam gift cards?

login flow

I should make it redirect after login, that would probably help right?

Quote:

Would you like some help with that?

Testing and feedback for sure! If you mean actual code contributions, not yet. I'm moving the site to a new open source code base, but the transition is still underway and I'm not in a hurry.

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

I won't deal with bitcoin, but Paypal is fine. How do you feel about steam gift cards?

Ugh, steam? no, thanks.

All here know how much I hate steam and unity.

Steam handling money with cards? It looks like mine with my own virtual currencies and virtual cards. :-/

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

I should make it redirect after login, that would probably help right?

It's quite confusing to fall back onto our profile edition page after login

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

If you mean actual code contributions, not yet.

oh dang, this is like the only part I'm interested in.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

RmBeer2 said:

All here know how much I hate steam and unity.

I should have known :P

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

That's funny, I was just looking up how to publish game on steam. :P

Apparently it's $100 USD to publish a game, but they will refund that fee if you make more than $1,000 USD gross in sales.

You sign a bunch of paperwork, including tax forms.

They take 30% commission for each sale.

You can't publish your game until 30 days after paying the $100 fee.

You have to have a website.

Before you go live, there's a 1-5 day review of the game (so it's not malicious or damaging to computers) and review your site.

--

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

1) Apparently it's $100 USD to publish a game, but they will refund that fee if you make more than $1,000 USD gross in sales.

2) You sign a bunch of paperwork, including tax forms.

3) They take 30% commission for each sale.

4) You can't publish your game until 30 days after paying the $100 fee.

5) You have to have a website.

6) Once you have your website, discard all of the above and sell your game from your site. End of problem.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Well, you're going to have to do marketing. With Steam, you at least have channel to reach customers and some cross-promotional options. Ideally, you're on every channel you can be on to reach customers (Instagram, Twitter, Steam, Play Store, your site, YouTube promo vids...)

If you limit yourself to just your website, you're out in the cold on your own and you have few options.

--

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

For what it's worth, I'm on popular networks like reddit, youtube, twitter, and yet you're so lonely that the Forever Alone meme doesn't do you enough honor.

That's because the popularity that each of the sites can have, especially steam, gog, unity and itch.io, are all a big lie. The only one that makes it popular is you, who publishes on those garbage sites and then runs around on other networks to say that you are on steam, twitter or other sites.

The most effective means is to distribute pamphlets in the street of Spain, but I can not do that, so I'm running on other networks to make my sites known. The result is the same, if you're in steam, gog, or unity don't change the result, you only lost much more by the stupid exigence of the site (I have seen many sites like this, even related to other topics, that abuse with that purpose).

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

All support options including merchandise are described here:
https://tins.amarillion.org/support/

Or a direct link:
https://tins-is-not-speedhack.creator-spring.com/

Admittedly, it's all still an experiment for me so please let me know what you think...

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Go to: