Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » The Depot » KrampusHack compilation video

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
KrampusHack compilation video
amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

I put together this video of KrampusHack. I tried to include the most interesting bits of each game.

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/GN7pFRhLZR4

After getting COVID in January I was seriously unproductive for a while. So this video is later than I intended, but I hope you still have fun watching it.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Bravo, it must have been a lot of work. Thanks !

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

Very good video editing job! It sure cost a lot.

Khelda reminds me a bit of Artic Of Adventure for DOS. It also had a general map where you could go around and choose each level as a platform with gravity.

I have already seen all the games, they are quite good!
There's only one shitty game that I didn't like, it's TowerLucky, how can it be so poor, boring and without music?... Wait... It's mine... :(

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

I must say you are wrong. TowerLucky is one of the games I keep at work for the lazy days, it's doing it's job perfectly well, along jewel and brick crusher games.
Thanks for it, one more time :-)
Anyway, just advertised the video a bit :-)

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Whoa, very fancy mosaic effect in between the game footage. And actually each of the nine games looks nice this time - I'm with rmbeer though, some shameful ones have no audio at all :P

Thanks for making this video!

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Quote:

There's only one game that I didn't like, it's TowerLucky, how can it be so poor, boring and without music?... Wait... It's mine... :(

Hey, TowerLucky looked cool, man! I haven't gotten to play most of the games, but I actually saw that one and thought I might like that!

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlare β€’ AllegroFlare Docs β€’ AllegroFlare GitHub

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Nice video, some great entries this round.

---
β€œI love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

it must have been a lot of work.

Yes and no... I enjoyed doing the editing once I got in the flow.

RmBeer2 said:

and without music?... Wait... It's mine... :(

I'm ashamed to say that there was music... I just had trouble making it work with the fast-forward bit. Plus, was it original? I feared a copyright strike. That's also why I left out the music from Khelda II.

TowerLucky is one of the games I keep at work for the lazy days

Same here, I actually played TowerLucky a lot. It's a good time waster. But oh man, you do need to be lucky! I played maybe 50 times and it came out only once.

Neil Roy said:

some great entries this round.

Agreed! And it was a good counterbalance to last TINS, because back then, Unity was kicking Allegro's ass :o

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

Thanks everyone, I really wasn't sure so I said it half jokingly. I didn't remember putting music on it, so I thought he was mute.

I had put the MUSIC tag for easy deactivation.

I did not know that this type of games liked, maybe in the future I will release variants.

I think the music can be used without copyright issues, it's something I've downloaded from the chiptunes collection. But I'm not sure.

The way I see it, Unity started out as a children's toy and is still a toy, it doesn't seem like a notable competitor. The games that are in TINS are quite good, you just need to find a suitable audience. From experience it's impossible for me. I always share the games on the few social networks I know, but I never find people who care, or worse, I end up surrounded by trolls. :-X

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Gamers ultimately don't care if a game was made with Allegro or with Unity. If your argument is "this game is better because it's made with Allegro", then people indeed will not care. But gamers are not really the target audience for game jams anyway.

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

It doesn't seem like that, if everyone is crazy about posting the steam and unity logos in their games, it seems that it really matters.

And if it's not for the players, then who are they for?

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Logos make it looks profesh πŸ‘Œβœ¨ ;). It means your a serious development house and you use all the tech! πŸ‘”πŸ’ΌπŸ’

On the flip side, on one of my first hack-a-thons I started with the intro logo for my "company" or whatever and go so fixated on it that I never finished it, nor did I get to submit any game ;D.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlare β€’ AllegroFlare Docs β€’ AllegroFlare GitHub

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

The Unity logo being seen everywhere is a side effect of them forcing you to have that logo displayed if you didn't pay for it.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Go to: