Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Installation, Setup & Configuration » [a5, make] Consolidate addon header files in a directory without "make install"?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
[a5, make] Consolidate addon header files in a directory without "make install"?
Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I'm building allegro5 from the github repo and following the typical steps:

mkdir build
cd build
cmake ..
make

At this point, the allegro5/include/allegro5 directory does not include any of the addon header files ( allegro_color.h , allegro_font.h , for example). That make sense.

However, the allegro5/build/include/allegro5 directory does not include any of the addon header files, either. I don't want to run make install because I don't want to make any modifications to my global system path for allegro.

How can I have the built header files and addon header files all located in a reliable directory? Preferably somewhere in the allegro5/build/* path?

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Yeah, CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX is I think how you could solve this in theory with cmake. But cmake is a broken mess so it probably doesn't work, especially when using VisualStudio or XCode projects (instead of a Makefile).

So I for one wouldn't at all be opposed to a patch which collects the to-be-installed headers in a folder under build/ first.

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Go to: