Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » TINS 2021 - pick that weekend!

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
TINS 2021 - pick that weekend!
amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

TINS is a game jam for, and by, the allegro community. Make a game in just 72h based on a handful of randomly selected rules. It's always lots of fun. Work alone or in a team. Learn and improve your own skills. Plus, thanks to the generous donations of long-standing community members, this year we will have prizes! (Prizes will be announced later). So this will the best one ever! Are you looking forward to it?

I'm currently choosing between one of the following weekends. Reply to this thread if you have a preference one way or the other.

• July 9-12

• July 16-19

• Aug 6-9

• Aug 13-16

• Aug 20-23

P.S. If you don't want to miss any important announcements, sign up for the tinscompetition "mailing list"

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

TINS yes! But not July, please. I vote for Aug 20-23.

-----------------
Current projects: Allegro.pas | MinGRo

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Well, no one of the dates is going to be good for me. I'll may still join, we never know.

Because it's TINS ^^

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

I hope it works out with your schedule, Gull. Do you have big plans this summer?

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Yes, it happens that on the given dates the agenda is already taken for me. I'll still try to join whatever the date and try to make something, if I can finish it's cool, else it's also cool ^^

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Yay, can't wait :D (And any of the 5 weekends will work for me.)

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Derezo
Member #1,666
April 2001

Want to participate so baaaaad. Hopefully I can, it's been a long time and I've never completed a TINS :(

My vote goes for July 9-12

I'll be disconnected from SkyNet on the weekend of August 13-16 but I'll try any other weekend.

"He who controls the stuffing controls the Universe"

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

Anything except Aug 20-23 probably works for me.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

So far, Aug 6-9 is coming out on top (at least, it's the weekend with the fewest dislikes)

I'll make a decision coming weekend.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Wait and see 8-)

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I'm available for all those dates. 👍 No preference. :)

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Allright, it is decided. TINS 2021 will be held August 6-9. You can already mark your agenda, and you can already sign up.

I've updated the general rules, see below. There are some tweaks: Size limit has been increased to 50Mb. Allegro is not required per se (same as TINS 2020). I've added point 8 (Teams) 10 (prizes) and 11 (dispute resolution).

Expect more updates and announcements in the coming weeks!

TINS rules said:

1. Time: The competition is from Friday 6 August 2021, 12:00 UTC to Monday 9 August 2021, 12:00 UTC. You are not allowed to write code for your entry before or after these times. All entries must be uploaded on this website before Monday 9 August 2021, 12:00 GMT.

2. Size: the entry may not be larger than 50.0 MB, zipped. This must include all source files and all assets (graphics, sound, music) needed to compile and run your entry. Compiled binaries are optional, they don't have to be included, but you may wish to provide them anyway.

3. Source: the complete source code must be included with the entry. You don't have to include the source of dependencies, such as allegro, as long as they are easily found on the web.

4. Code reuse Because reusing code is an essential hacking skill, You can re-use any code that:

You are legally able to do so (your own, GPLed, giftware, public domain or any other Free Software licence) AND
Was available and easily accessible online at least two weeks before the start of the competition This means that until two weeks before the start of the competition you may still upload your own code (e.g. initialization code, utility classes) that could come in handy during the competition.

Also, you are obliged to make clear what parts of your entry you re-used, preferably in a readme.txt that accompanies your entry.

5. Choice of game engine / framework. Contrary to previous editions, the use of Allegro is not compulsory. You may use any engine, framework or programming language, as long as you take care to make your game portable (See point 6).

6. Portability. Your entry should be trivial to port to any platform that Allegro supports (that means including Windows, Linux and Mac OS X). This means that you are not allowed to use any OS-specific features in your game (essentially you should aim to make your entry compile out of the box on all platforms, but this can be hard to realize for people who don't have access to those platforms).

7. Additional rules. There will be additional rules that are announced at Friday 6 August 2021, 12:00. These rules come in four categories: Genre Requirements, Technical requirements, Artistic requirements and Bonus rules. Skipping or ignoring some of these rules will not immediately disqualify you, but it will reduce your rating and thus drastically reduce your chances of winning

8. Teams: You may participate alone, or as a team of any size. Only one prize will be awarded per team, it's up to you to decide how you will distribute the prize amongst team members.

9. Reviewing and deciding a winner. To ensure that each entry will be reviewed, each entrant will be assigned two entries to review and six entries to rate. Awards will be assigned based on these ratings. There will be awards in the following categories:

Best overall

Best implementation of technical requirements

Best implementation of artistical requirements

Best implementation of genre requirements

10. Prizes Four distinct entrants that scored highest in one of the four categories will receive a prize. (If an entrant won in multiple categories, then they will be awarded a prize for the first category, and a runner up will receive a prize in the second category, and so on). Prizes are paid from a prize pool donated by generous community members. Winners must cooperate with the TINS organizer in order to receive the prize. For example, you must be responsive to contact requests, and you may be asked for a shipping address and other such info.

11. Dispute resolution The organizer of the TINS competition, Martijn "amarillion" van Iersel, is final arbitrator in any dispute regarding voting, reviewing, scoring, awarding prizes, and interpretation of these rules. Amarillion is himself excluded from the final ranking, and won't be eligible for prizes.

{"name":"612975","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/f\/ef305e25574e1beb6af6e8ebfaf4da51.png","w":367,"h":348,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/e\/f\/ef305e25574e1beb6af6e8ebfaf4da51"}612975

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Cool :)

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Signed up, may the force be with you all !

Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

I have to check some dates but I'll try.

-----------------
Current projects: Allegro.pas | MinGRo

Go to: