Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Game Design & Concepts » Design of Maze game in client

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Design of Maze game in client
RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

I don't usually do this type of posting, since I consider it a waste of time, as writing a repetition of what you already did or need to do, thinking and doing it is much faster than writing.
But right now I'm still wasting my time...

The game I'm making is the version of the Labyrinth that everyone already knows, adapting it to DeepBlue (for those who don't know it, it's a complete server/client system that I have designed).
I have added and improved the Login screen from the Chess game. I have adapted the Labyrinth to be multiplayer, although due to the lack of players I have modified it a bit to be 1 player at a time, instead of entering many in a game, I did it for only one and the rest is saved on a record, that way multiple players are not necessary but can be filled over time.

Now I'm deciding how I should continue with the process after login. I have multiple options to continue:

A) In the initial window, after entering the username and password, a second window appears where the game is located, while in the first window it remains as command text input.
B) Close the first window and open the second window that corresponds to the game.
C) Integrate the game into the first window.

Each one offers completely different codes and solutions, I haven't made up my mind yet. I think I will choose any of them and that the player can put up with it if he doesn't like something.

Also in the login screen you have a lot of space to fill with text, maybe some news, notes, or famous phrases. It never occurs to me what to put.

In the maze it does not seem that yellow lines with a black background can be attractive, you should choose a better color combination.

These details can scare the player for a few reasons. I know that the more visual offers more confidence and attraction. I think it's more related to Public Relations, ending in a design error.

I would like to hear suggestions for changes or additions to the game.

================ ESPAÑOL ================

No suelo hacer este tipo de posting, ya que lo considero una perdida de tiempo, como redactar una repeticion de lo que ya hiciste o te falta hacer, pensar y hacerlo es mucho mas rapido que escribir.
Pero en este momento igual estoy perdiendo el tiempo.

El juego que estoy haciendo es la version del Laberinto que todos ya conocen, adaptandolo a la DeepBlue (para quien no lo conoce es un sistema completo de servidor/cliente que he diseñado).

Le he agregado y mejorado la pantalla de Login desde el juego de Ajedrez. Al Laberinto lo he adaptado para ser de multijugador, aunque por la falta de jugadores lo he modificado un poco para ser de 1 solo jugador a la vez, en vez de entrar muchos en una partida, lo hice para uno solo y el resto se guarda en un record, de esa forma los multiples jugadores no son necesarios pero puede ser llenado con el tiempo.

Ahora estoy decidiendo como deberia continuar con el proceso luego del Login. Tengo multiples opciones para continuar:

A) En la ventana inicial, luego de ingresar el usuario y contraseña, aparece una segunda ventana donde se encuentra el juego, mientras que en la primera ventana permanece como entrada de texto de comandos.
B) Cerrar la primera ventana y abrir la segunda ventana que corresponde al juego.
C) Integrar el juego a la primera ventana.

Cada uno ofrece codigos y soluciones completamente diferentes, todavia no me he decidido. Creo que voy a elegir cualquiera de ellos y que el jugador se la aguante si algo no le gusta.

Tambien en la pantalla de login tiene mucho espacio para rellenar con texto, tal vez alguna noticia, notas, o frases celebres. Nunca se me ocurre que poner.

En el laberinto no parece que pueda ser atractivo unas lineas amarillas con fondo negro, deberia elegir una mejor combinacion de colores.

Estos detalles puede espantar al jugador por algunas razones. Se que lo mas visual ofrece mas confianza y atracción. Creo que esta mas relacionado a Relaciones Publicas, acabando en un error de diseño.

Me gustaria escuchar sugerencias para los cambios o agregados en el juego.

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

I think option B and C are better. Leaving two windows open seems a bit technical and not very user friendly.

Between B and C, I don't really care. One might be easier to implement than the other.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

Thanks by the answer. I'm make the C option now.

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

Go to: