Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Looking for .NET/iOS/Android software engineers

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Looking for .NET/iOS/Android software engineers
Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

My employer is looking to staff some new projects for enterprise clients.

Senior experience in Azure / backend .NET, native iOS, or native Android are top needs. In addition to being a good programmer, you must be professional and organized. i.e. Available and working 8 hours every workday during regular hours. We don't overwork - 40 hours is what's expected. But we have no appetite for flaky people who don't have their act together.

Permanent remote work allowed or on-premise at Chicago (or a rural office in NW Illinois for those that hate the city...).

W-2 position in USA preferred. But we do have contractors internationally. (The farther away you are from Central Time the harder it is.)

Salary depends on experience, position, and location. These jobs would be in the 100k-165k USD range for qualified. General questions post here. Can send me resumes/CVs privately.

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Well, it would be nice to combine that US salary with Dutch cost of living and employee benefits :)

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

International would be on contractor terms which in some countries may involve the individual registering as a business. International pay would also be relative to local salary considerations because outsourced labor has severe contractual restrictions with our clients.

So it's not possible to double dip on the benefits unfortunately. And we aren't responsible for making sure you are complying with local tax law, etc.

That said, in many countries you will still make more money contracting with legit US firms like this because it still pays well... But it's not necessarily a gravy train of money when you have to pay all sorts of new taxes.

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

I would rather shove dung all day than do WEB or app programming, to be honest. But then again, what choice do I have :'(

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

So it's not possible to double dip on the benefits unfortunately.

Fair enough :) I wasn't seriously considering it myself, for one thing I don't have enough relevant experience in the technical stacks you mention.

Go to: