Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Game Design & Concepts » 486 EMULATOR

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
486 EMULATOR
RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

I will need the help and contribution of Artist Programmers who know how to write stories for VisualNovel or the elaboration of any other game.

What does it consist of? You create the game and earn a commission for all the players who participate. You take full control of your game as well as your authorship.

Everything is in a state of constant development, even if it works and can be used, it's always necessary to add something. The need for this project is that the programmers contribute to the evolution of the program, exposing everything that needs to be completed and everything that a programmer or artist might need. For that we will work together as a team, where you create the game, or the story with drawings for VisualNovel, and I improve the API so that you can use it, that way everything can move much faster and in an integrated way.

Sometimes I forget that you cannot mix between a user, player, programmer or artist. But that's the way it's, I think for the moment I'm going to need the help of those multifunction programmers. :P

Almost everything is done, only a few details are missing to carry out something functional and usable.

For this I attach 2 different files that detail about all the projects in the 486 Emulator:
* 486 Emulator Plan
* 486 Emulator Architecture

I doubt this thread can be constantly updated, I should find another way to display updates.

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

I miss the old Monday projects...

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Indeed.

This completely fails to explain what the benefits are of participating in this project.

And I've got barely enough time for my own projects.

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

List of benefits by participate:

- It's faster
- It's lighter
- It's safer
- It's bot-free
- It's free from spam
- It's free of advertisements
- Extend the useful life of your computers
- Offer better experience
- You do not deny with the machine
- You don't suffer from headaches
- You can earn money
- You can earn a living
- You can post things
- You can recycle your old computers
- You program little
- You write little code
- You only care about your game
- You only care about your drawings
- You only care about your story
- It's written in C
- It's better programmed
- Always has maintenance
- Always has support
(Incomplete)

It can't be said that it's unconvincing. 8-)

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

DanielH
Member #934
January 2001

As a hobbyist maybe there is a niche for this but I don't see this being viable commercially.

Not to be insulting or anything, I'm just very skeptical.

How are you going to convince people to sign up for your service?

faster, lighter, safer, better

than what?

You say that we could earn a commission or earn a living. That implies you get anyone to pay to use it.

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

Yes, that's what I'm trying to say. People really don't mind having to pay dearly, as long as the service or something is popular.

Or do I need to remind you of what happened to extreme cases like Flappy Bird or Cyberpunk 2077?

Then there are few or no recognized cases, where people still pay a large sum of money for games that nobody cares about, generally it happens more in places like crowfunding.

I've studied all kinds of cases enough, and I know how people work. They don't care if your game is spectacular, much less if it's broken or unfinished. They will pay for it anyway if they find it popular.

If several enter to participate and begin to publish their games, books, drawings on a site, that leads to think that it is popular, and acquires an advantage that could not be achieved otherwise, not only the site, but all its publications as well . It's not as powerful as marqueting, but something is something. There is also the fact that the participants, whether readers or players, are not interested in the programming in the least, they just want to enter and enjoy popular things.

Everything I have written here in this thread, it was not published anywhere else yet, I have written a series of things that everyone could be interested in since our minds work differently, we all care about programming here and we all want to develop our own games.

Of course, there are more details running through my head, but they are not worth writing down because it may not work yet. This is something worth trying. Get all of us together and post what we want on one site, we can be immediately popular with greater probability. But I need everyone's presence here.

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

• How many flappy bird clones are there that are completely unknown and unpopular? Thousands? Tens of thousands?

• How many man-years of work were put in Cyberpunk 2077? Thousands? Tens of thousands?

If I make a popular game I can make a lot of money - yes that's true, even without your thing. (I don't even know what I should call it) How does your thing help my game become popular? This sounds like a "boil the ocean" business plan.

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

Amarillion :

• Don't mix the flappy bird clones with the original.

• What does the number of employees have to do with a game?

That's why working alone has worked for you, right? No. Better to try something new then.

It's true that the popular is the basis of everything, but even so you cann't take anything for granted, it's still as uncertain as chance. Better to try new things.
I still have tests to do, although I'm here asking for everyone's collaboration, it's still an experiment, I think it can work, but I'm not sure. Why do not do it?
This's not like a corporation, which is made, terminated, and then let throw (which they support even with heavy marketing), and everyone uses it. This requires a different procedure, another atypical mentality, such as coming together without expecting anything in return, developing along the way, and putting everyone's work together. (Of course there are more things in between, but I will tell you more details if you participate.)

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Games like flappy bird are a terrible example of how to be successful because it's success was so unpredictable. Thousands (more likely hundreds of thousands) of small independent games are released every year, with only about 0.01% of them actually being successful.

Games like CP77 are successful purely based on the millions of dollars spent on marketing them for months, if not years, before they're even released.

Since I doubt you have millions of dollars to spend on marketing, how are you going to ensure success for anyone?

And why would anyone in their right mind target a platform based on a 486 emulator when there are better tools out there for development on modern systems? Especially if you only plan to release this on linux, which eliminates 99.99% of gamers.

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

@LennyLen :
I don't know where you got that idea from, I thought everyone knew that Flappy Bird was exploited in advertisements by google, otherwise no one would care about such a horrible game.

Because in the end it doesn't matter what it's, it always works, even if it's just a piece of garbage (like the more popular games).

In the case of the 486 Emulator, it would only be your point of view, think that there are other better tools? Which? Unity? ha! The same goes for that 99.99% of players, they are only statistics to manipulate people, if I say that 99.99% of players play on Linux, why wouldn't you believe me? And if you believe me you would move to Linux, as Linux would be popular for games. Linux is really popular for gaming though. Stop being so stubborn, do you really like to pursue such ideas? Would you rather give up and program Java for Android in your entire life or until corporations feel like a change of course? Are you going to spend the rest of your life complaining about things that are wrong like a sullen old man?

How many times I'm here asking for everyone's cooperation to replace the big corporations like google, apple, youtube, facebook, steam, or other sites, but because of people like you they refuse to leave them and you make the worst winners? And then you complain and cry because the service sucks, they just want to exploit you all the time.

EDIT:
I see that nobody responds. In that case I keep doing this alone, which I am forced to narrow down to a few services.

I still can't understand why they don't want to participate after this long, meaningless conversation. If everyone helped and participated in this project, the tools could quickly become powerful, but at this rate I don't think it will be more than a simple toy.

Don't even try to do this on your own, or you'd be another 10 years programming.

Go to: