Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » What have I missed?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
What have I missed?
BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

It's been quite a few years, dang. Did I miss anything fun?

Doctor Cop
Member #16,833
April 2018

Hello Stranger...

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Don't listen to Edgar. He just doesn't want you to get jealous over all the cool stuff you missed out on.

Peter Hull
Member #1,136
March 2001

How long has it been? Five years? I see you still have a Wii code in your profile :)
Anyway, welcome back!

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

WOW.

Until a few days ago 2020 seemed to be one of the worse years of a lot. Now I see old mates coming and asking for news, it's getting better.

I can't trust that you are posting BAF !

Well, yeah, I'm BAFfled ^^

I wish X-G, Neil Roy, Bob, and all the old faces make a little come back.

BAF, We want pictures of you, last time I saw your face you were 15 X-D

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

last time I saw your face you were 15

He's probably still 15. I don't think people age on the internet. That's a thing, right? πŸ€”

Happy return, BAF. We're all the same, here. :P. Nothing's changed :P

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlare β€’ AllegroFlare Docs β€’ AllegroFlare GitHub

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

Hello BAF!! Welcome to Allegro forum!! and Welcome in chat!! :D

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

BAF
Member #2,981
December 2002

LennyLen said:

He just doesn't want you to get jealous over all the cool stuff you missed out on.

:'(

How long has it been? Five years? I see you still have a Wii code in your profile :)
Anyway, welcome back!

I'm not really sure, at least 5-6 years I'd say. I was around for SpeedHack 2014, not for 2015, and even then in 2014 I hadn't really been around much.

I can't trust that you are posting BAF !

:-X

Quote:

BAF, We want pictures of you, last time I saw your face you were 15 X-D

Hah. I'm about 8 months overdue for a haircut. I'll have to dig up a picture that I don't look like a total covid caveman in.

He's probably still 15. I don't think people age on the internet. That's a thing, right? πŸ€”

You've got my secret ;D.

My life has changed quite a bit; last time I posted here I probably still lived with my parents. Shortly after that, I moved out on my own in the world, got married, followed a project at work that I'd been working on forever as it spun off as an independent startup, bought a house, turned 30 (what the heck), adopted a puppy, probably some other stuff too. I feel like my only big milestones left now are to have kids, pay taxes a few more times, and die. :P

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Trump got re-elected while you were gone. His vice president is a trans-black-native-american-handicapped-dwarf and he has been retroactively given 17 emmy awards. He was gonna go woman too, but turns out women can't lead.

-----sig:
β€œPrograms should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

BAF said:

My life has changed quite a bit; last time I posted here I probably still lived with my parents. Shortly after that, I moved out on my own in the world, got married, followed a project at work that I'd been working on forever as it spun off as an independent startup, bought a house, turned 30 (what the heck), adopted a puppy, probably some other stuff too. I feel like my only big milestones left now are to have kids, pay taxes a few more times, and die. :P

{"name":"R9wCuuY.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/5\/c5f71dec26f8daace3bde8fec713ff0a.jpg","w":360,"h":480,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/c\/5\/c5f71dec26f8daace3bde8fec713ff0a"}R9wCuuY.jpg

Pretty similar. Got married, bought a house, got a puppy. Kids are supposed to be next. Changed jobs, but that didn't work out, so I'm back to my original job. Cannabis was legalized nationwide in late 2018 so I've been an enthusiast every since. I vape or smoke between 500 and 1500 milligrams per day. :D

And my mental health tanked this year due in part to COVID-19 unknowns, work stress, job changes, and known mental health weaknesses. I realized that I'm on the autism spectrum this year, which is hugely useful because until now I've had no explanations and a poor understanding of my limitations. I experienced a full week of insomnia in Spring (anxiety induced, probably), and that lead to clinical depression. I'm on antidepressants to help manage my mental health and mood, and have been off and on again with alcohol in order for the meds to work. I basically cannot drink alcohol anymore or I go insane. So instead I try to be high as fuck. :D

I still ride.

Kevin Adrian
Member #7,087
April 2006

Until a few days ago 2020 seemed to be one of the worse years of a lot. Now I see old mates coming and asking for news, it's getting better.

100% agreed!

BAF said:

turned 30 (what the heck)

Well, that's a cute age ;) Wait until you come dangerous near to the 40s (like me) ;D
Anyway, welcome back, BAF!

My mouth will speak words of wisdom; the utterance from my heart will give understanding. (Psalm 49:3)

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

100% agreed!

I had a great 2020. I'm an autistic person with social phobia, so it's like I was genetically engineered with social distancing in mind.

On top of that I've read tons of great books and watched some really good TV shows this year.

The weather has been a real letdown since November though. This is supposed to be the hottest part of the year and I keep wanting to make daytrips into the local national park to hit the really lovely beaches but it's always raining and cold on my days off, which has been very disappointing.

This is one of my favourite beaches that I want to visit:

{"name":"612753","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/d\/6\/d687a7ac46c588ffa02be316fa86e700.jpg","w":1729,"h":1297,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/d\/6\/d687a7ac46c588ffa02be316fa86e700"}612753

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

William Labbett
Member #4,486
March 2004

FWIW : Hi Baf!

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

Hi BAF! Not much changed here, got divorced, got remarried, going to be a dad. The usual :D

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

Steve++
Member #1,816
January 2002

Hi BAF! Nothing much new here. I have a couple of kids. They're 10 and 11 now.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

bamccaig said:

Congrats!:D

Thank you sir. My wife says you two best get busy so our kids can play together :)

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

I barely remember... Do you remember me?

-----------------
Current projects: Allegro.pas | MinGRo

gnolam
Member #2,030
March 2002

It's... alive!

--
Move to the Democratic People's Republic of Vivendi Universal (formerly known as Sweden) - officially democracy- and privacy-free since 2008-06-18!

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

you missed the awakening of King Piccolo

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

Hello there, welcome back.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

DarΓ­o B.
Member #16,705
July 2017

Hi BAF. :)

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Go to: