Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro Development » Allegro 5.2.7 ??

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Allegro 5.2.7 ??
matko7274
Member #18,868
December 2020

Will be in the near future next version of Allegro ? If yes which changes or new functionality will it bring ?

PS: I hope it is not dead as it seems to be

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Well, looking at the commits on github (https://github.com/liballeg/allegro5) there have been ~60 commits since the release in February. It seems to be mostly small fixes, no big new features.

So no, it's not dead, but at the same time, there aren't any new features being worked on. I'm sure 5.2.7 will come out in due time. Is there any particular feature or bugfix you need?

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

There'll be a new release within the next month or two. I don't think there's any new major features in the short term, but we have no shortage of ideas, just limited time.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

I don't know whether to make me sad or happy. There is no new version because allegro has no more bugs. True?
Although you should check the bugtracker to better understand this.

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

Maybe instead of adding criticism to the situation, you can lend a hand in fixing bugs and providing new coded ideas for updates ?

To think people still take French for the more complaining bastards of the world... Next time I hear that I'll send them read your posts.

8-)

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Maybe instead of adding criticism to the situation, you can lend a hand in fixing bugs and providing new coded ideas for updates ?

What bugs need resolved?

-----sig:
β€œPrograms should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Go to: