Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Status of allegro.cc

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Status of allegro.cc
Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

So, what is the current status of allegro.cc Matthew?

The site is dangerously out of date, and the web server you're using has problems.

Please tell me you have some secret fork of a.cc you're building, and that you'll release it any day now.

kenmasters1976
Member #8,794
July 2007

I've noticed the forums sometimes take too long to load but I thought it was just my crappy internet.

gillius
Member #119
April 2000

Is it possible the "thread locks too soon" thread is getting too big and a.cc wasn't meant to scale to it :) ?

Gillius
Gillius's Programming -- https://gillius.org/

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Admittedly, my home internet has been broken all day, but it's not just that.

I'm on my phone's WiFi now and it seems to be working, but as you guys mention that thread is getting to be quite a monster.

But a.cc has consistently started to 'idle' far too often and often takes quite a while to get a page up.

The files are all dreadfully out of date as well, which poses problems for newcomers and veterans alike.

The online manual is very outdated too, and would be super cool if it linked code blocks in posts to up to date liballeg docs.

</wishlist>

E

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

It would also be nice if the site would do my laundry for me. Especially the ironing. I suck at ironing.

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

The copyright expires this year,

Copyright ©1999-2020, by Matthew Leverton

maybe ML is not looking to renew?

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Yeah, also I'm pretty sure the end-year part of the copyright statement is dynamically generated.

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

I have intended for quite some time to update the servers to a new hardware / latest and greatest OS, but it's not quite so easy when the underlying software dependencies are from based on C64 era. :'(

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Thank you for your reply Matthew. :)

Is there anything we can do to help? What does the site depend on? SQL, PHP, and JS?

I think we could easily update the code links. In the allegro docs, there is a way to generate all the links necessary. I think we could update the linking mechanism without too much trouble, but I don't know the inner workings of allegro.cc.

If you need somebody to write some sort of plugin, I could probably be convinced to do it without much fuss as long as it's something I can grasp without too much difficulty.

Long live allegro.cc

Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

I don't know why but I think it uses Ruby or something like that. Maybe Mat said that somewhere.

As I've said in other thread, maybe you can upload the site to GitHub or similar and people would help to update it. Like liballeg.org website.

-----------------
Current projects: Allegro.pas | MinGRo

Peter Hull
Member #1,136
March 2001

My bet's on PHP!

[edit]

the underlying software dependencies are from based on C64 era.

Possibly not a joke? ::) : http://www.zone-h.org/news/id/214?hz=1

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

I'm pretty sure it's php + mysql.

I'd be happy to help out with site maintenance if the need comes up.

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

I would be happy to keep a backup, especially of the database. 8-)

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

My bet's on PHP!

Well, if it is PHP then I would help too.

-----------------
Current projects: Allegro.pas | MinGRo

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

The site seems a lot snappier again today.

Go to: