Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Installation, Setup & Configuration » Windows 10 MSVC 2019 not able to find allegro_primitives.h allegro-5.2.6.0

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Windows 10 MSVC 2019 not able to find allegro_primitives.h allegro-5.2.6.0
MichaelC
Member #18,589
October 2020

Hi,

I am new to Allegro 5 and am trying to learn how to draw primitives and when I try to #include <allegro5\allegro_primitives.h> the IDE cant find the file. I have looked in the include directory and cant find that file. Is there something new in allegro5 that does not include primitives or have I done something wrong?

I would really appreciate your help
Kind regards
Michael

Hi,

I am really sorry but when I clicked on Manage NuGet Packages and installed Allegro5 that way I got a primitive to display on the screen which answers my question.

but thank you
Michael

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Try a complete search of your filesystem. Do you have allegro_primitives.h anywhere on your computer? There is no reason why it should be excluded.

Maybe NuGet installs it in a weird place?

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I think he installed without NuGet at first. Once he installed via NuGet, it worked if I'm reading the last part of his post correctly.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

DanielH
Member #934
January 2001

For MSVC, NuGet is great. Easy to use. Easy to set which modules you want.

If not, then you need to go to properties and add Allegero's include and library directories to your project's include and library search list.

Go to: