Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » The Depot » Skyline Missile Defense 2G

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Skyline Missile Defense 2G
Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

I have released a stable version of my Allegro 5 game, Skyline! It is a remake of Missile Command, with new features like shields, lasers, and spread missiles. There are new city backgrounds as well.

{"name":"612574","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/1\/7\/179ea6dfa06fb6b0b115b0b19416c351.png","w":1199,"h":927,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/1\/7\/179ea6dfa06fb6b0b115b0b19416c351"}612574

See the webpage for Skyline here :
http://members.allegro.cc/EdgarReynaldo/Demos/Skyline/Skyline.html

And download the new version from BitBucket here :
https://bitbucket.org/bugsquasher/skyline/downloads/

8-)

EDIT
Small update for a bug. A NULL pointer crash occurs if you don't select a city. This bug is fixed now. Re-download from the same link.

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

Nice work on the game! Seem nice from the screenshot! Although I have not yet managed to compile for linux.

It would be nice if you made a demo video.

One tip: separate both branches into 'master' and 'debug'. At least to separate in a branch what works and in another branch what you are modifying. :)

๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ ๐ŸŒŸ BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) ๐ŸŒŸ C/C++ ๐ŸŒŸ GNU/Linux ๐ŸŒŸ IceCream/Cornet ๐ŸŒŸ ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

Kevin Adrian
Member #7,087
April 2006

Looks awesome. Good job!

My mouth will speak words of wisdom; the utterance from my heart will give understanding. (Psalm 49:3)

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Building on Linux should be as easy as something like this :

git clone https://github.com/liballeg/allegro5.git Allegro52X
git clone https://github.com/EdgarReynaldo/EagleGUI.git Eagle
git clone https://github.com/EdgarReynaldo/Skyline2.git Skyline

sudo apt-get install liballegro5-dev libphysfs-dev

cd Allegro52X
mkdir build
cd build
cmake-gui ..
make -j 8 install

cd ../../Eagle
mkdir build
cd build
cmake-gui ..
make -j 8 install

sudo ldconfig

cd ../../Skyline
mkdir build
cd build
cmake-gui ..
make -j 8 install

(I am testing it now on Ubuntu 18.04)

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

When you have free time, i should inform you of all compilation errors, so we both fix it in real time. :)

๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ ๐ŸŒŸ BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) ๐ŸŒŸ C/C++ ๐ŸŒŸ GNU/Linux ๐ŸŒŸ IceCream/Cornet ๐ŸŒŸ ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒˆ

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

TOPIC 0 TOPIC 1 TOPIC 2 TOPIC 3 TOPIC 4 TOPIC 5 TOPIC 6 TOPIC 7 TOPIC 8 TOPIC 9 Failed to find Allegro5 driver in library system map. Attempting creation.
EAGLE_CREATE   : Creating Allegro5System object 'A5SYS' at 0x55d2616d5e00 with eid 2

EAGLE CRITICAL : Allegro failed to initialize.
EAGLE ERROR    : Critical exception.
Excepciรณn de coma flotante (`core' generado)

Peter Hull
Member #1,136
March 2001

Works on Mac! But I had to mangle your CMake files (I always struggle with CMake, it's horrible)
{"name":"612579","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/4\/74eeeed58361e74347160268d4432a4b.jpg","w":628,"h":480,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/7\/4\/74eeeed58361e74347160268d4432a4b"}612579

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

@Peter Hull - thanks! Thanks for trying it on a Mac ;)

I'm interested in seeing your changes to CMakeLists.txt . I'd be glad to patch them in if they are clean enough.

Fork SKYLINE and send me a PR if you like.

Looks like you could stand to shoot some missiles.

Question - did the sound effects work? Were there annoying missile entry, launch, and explosion sounds?

:D

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

i can run SkyLine! \o/
It is a good game, although I have a problem with the size of the window, it is too big for my screen. Also the explosions collide with any bullet, which even collides with mine, trying to explode the enemy bullets there comes a time when my own explosions explode the city more and more to the center, and I have to wait for it to dissipate before firing again. .
It is difficult to try to shoot at the precise moment and time. :S Although this is good, it is the difficulty of the game.

Whether you win or lose is determined by the damage the city takes? Because I have destroyed my own city and I have won the same anyway. 8-)

EDIT:
Lasers are a cheat! I can sweep the area by creating a wall and easily blowing up all the missiles, although the speed of the machine drops drastically.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

It's 1280x800. All I had time to program in for now. I can add in different sizes later.

The lasers are very powerful, but there are ways to make them less so. I can adjust the difficulty of the game any way you want using Config.txt.

EDIT
Actually, you can change fullscreen from false to true and set the screen size in Config.txt

Go to: