Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » The Depot » New game - ICBM

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
New game - ICBM
Vi_112
Member #15,539
March 2014

Hi!

Would like to share my game developed using Allegro.

The announcement is here:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1178220/ICBM/

Gameplay video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be3-snHrtYE&t=119s

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

{"name":"m21ZlB.gif","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/1\/d\/1d6ba24382514620f00e2d6f3a166473.gif","w":480,"h":270,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/1\/d\/1d6ba24382514620f00e2d6f3a166473"}m21ZlB.gif

EDIT:

In case it has not been clear. It's a great game. ;)

EDIT:

I'm fixed the link video:

video

It surprises me that no one answers this thread in days, I really liked this game. It is certainly a team effort.

Has anyone here already seen it?

EDIT:

If someone elects me president, I can also end the world in the same way. :)

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

dthompson
Member #5,749
April 2005

This looks seriously good ;D

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

The game looks good, but the announcement seems early. :P Steam says it is still not released, and apparently no release date is set yet. So getting us excited now is a miscalculation because we'll forget about it by the time of release. :-/

RTS isn't really my thing, but it's great to see people releasing games built on Allegro. Good work.

Vi_112
Member #15,539
March 2014

RmBeer2 said:

It is certainly a team effort.

Well, actually it's one man, i.e. myself :)

But thanks!

PS: will be released this year, currently there are about 250 active beta-testers. If anyone wants to participate in beta, here is the link:

https://www.slitherine.com/beta/icbm

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Vi_112
Member #15,539
March 2014

Internet play for up to 10 players + spectators. Using Photon engine for that.

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Nice, wishlisted!

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Bomb the commies! Where's that pesky Arthur?

wat? I'm too busy reveling in Trumps imminent landslide due to the riots and lockdown debacles.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

The only way Trump is going to be involved in a landslide is if the land surrounding the White House collapses into the Earth's core. :D Odds are he's going to lose by a small margin, though there's still a chance he'll win if enough people are prevented from voting or if the Republicans manage to "misplace" any votes from unfriendly stations. :P

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Sigged! :D

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

It seems you awoke another studio to the fact they already have a game like yours (if a comment I saw is to be believed.)

video

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

{"name":"fry_trace_by_deepfry3-d4y0xn22.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/0\/b\/0b85f901c285d837b13f2d662d3a5c85.png","w":500,"h":246,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/0\/b\/0b85f901c285d837b13f2d662d3a5c85"}fry_trace_by_deepfry3-d4y0xn22.png

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

m c
Member #5,337
December 2004

Damn, you made the game? That looks really good. Is it using 3d or 2d for the graphics?

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

Vi_112
Member #15,539
March 2014

It's a mix of 2D and 3D.

For example, units are 2D, but the nuclear explosions are 3D and procedurally generated.

Another big part of 3D is the drawing of different ranges - in Mercator projection they often take quite weird shapes.

Funny thing is that I develop and test it on Mac, thanks to Allegro multi-platform support :)

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Bamccaig said:

The only way Trump is going to be involved in a landslide is if the land surrounding the White House collapses into the Earth's core. :D Odds are he's going to lose by a small margin, though there's still a chance he'll win if enough people are prevented from voting or if the Republicans manage to "misplace" any votes from unfriendly stations.

I don't think he'll win in a landslide but it won't be a small margin. I hear a lot of people voicing support in my blue state, even with all the bad press. In a worst case scenario, Mr. Trump will invalidate a lot of people from the census count.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Go to: