Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Programming Questions » al_set_new_display_flags question

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
al_set_new_display_flags question
Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Is it possible to set multiple display flag options in Allegro 5? I have three displays and am using the ALLEGRO_FRAMELESS option but would like to try the ALLEGRO_OPENGL option with it. I tried adding the opengl option but got two displays with a frame.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Thanks. Not the result I was hoping for though.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Bob Keane said:

I tried adding the opengl option but got two displays with a frame.

Could you post some reduced code?

I could try to reproduce it at least.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Could you post some reduced code?

The problem I was trying to resolve was a timer issue. A print statement seemed to be drawing at erratic intervals. First I read d3d is not as reliable as opengl so I thought I would try it. That did not work, So I then put a counter in my code to trigger the redraw at specified intervals and it seems to work. But if you want to play with it, you can divide your screen into three untitled displays, add the al_set_new_display_flags option with the opengl flag, then another statement setting the display_flags to the untitled option.

<edit> The project is full screen, top to bottom, and the middle display was much smaller in height than the two others.

Go to: