Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Allegro Fore [20]20

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2 
Allegro Fore [20]20
bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

It is my intention to have a recreational group smoking session with members of this community. I think that it would be a lot of fun to do. In the past I have been in one or two group video chats with some members and it was a lot of fun.

And I think adding cannabis (and/or alcohol) to the mix will be even more fun. I also think some people would get a kick out of seeing me high, and I would get a kick out of seeing some of you high.

Nothing has yet been decided. And it doesn't have to be a one-time thing. If it's a hit ;) I think that we should make it a pseudo-regular event (weekly, monthly, or yearly) for as long as we're motivated to do it.

That said, I recognize that cannabis is not legal everywhere, and that introduces a certain amount of risk for members that must access it outside of the law... I don't have a solution to that. I don't think that one exists. That's probably going to have to be "enter at own risk". That said, I would ask that participants not record the session, and not otherwise report or release information about who participated or from where.

I think that it also needs to be a private link so that only trusted "insiders" are able to get in. There are likely free/libre solutions that could host a pretty private technology, but I don't personally know how to do that and I somewhat doubt that it'll be trivial to pick up. The easiest thing would be to just use an existing service (preferably secure and private, preferably free).

I don't know of any secure/private ones. I'm going to suggest Google Meets only because I'm familiar with it, it works, and it's free. Google 2020 seems to be as evil as Microsoft ever was, but somehow I still trust it more... I wouldn't say that I trust Google to hide my data, but at least ... it's reliable?

I was going to buy a Web cam for this, but my wife pointed out that I can just use her laptop... ::) Today (Saturday in ET) doesn't work for me, but Sunday could. That may be too soon to go so the first date is still negotiable, as are all other details. Share ideas via PM (or any other means you know how) if you're concerned about legality, or else just express them here if you aren't.

P.S. I'm really stoned right now. :'(8-):-*

Append:

The name is also, of course, negotiable. :P

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

@Edgar Reynaldo :
Cancer is dead after a puff.

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Sorry, I was away at camp all day yesterday, and too exhausted by the time I got home to come online. :)

There appears to be minimal interest in this so we probably won't start off very organized. Skype and Zoom are probably some of the poorest technology solutions that I've used, including in terms of privacy and security. I'm going to continue pushing for Google Meet until a better suggestion is offered.

This may expose your Google account identity to others, though I think it's possible to join as a guest (you may need to log out of Google though). That said, I think that Skype also requires a Microsoft account. And though Zoom allows anonymous guests, I think that is has been criticized for security and privacy violations recently.

I don't have any experience with creating my own meetings so we'll see if this link persists.

I'm not going to be joining just yet. I need to get the grass cut, and then I want to play some RDR2. Also, my wife is currently using her laptop anyway, which I need for the Web cam.

I'm going to propose a first attempt around 7 PM EDT, Sunday (today). This link is public because I haven't gotten any private interest yet. Keep that in mind if you choose to participate. If the link persists then it can just remain for the time being as a reusable room to meet in. Feel free to jump in with other community members. We'll worry about moderation if it becomes a problem.

Note: you don't have to smoke or drink to join the meeting. It's really just a casual social gathering of community members. Anybody is welcome to join, but if you do please be respectful of others. I don't want us to pressure anybody into doing anything that they don't want to do. This is purely about sharing the experience with others and having fun. :)

Discussing forum topics isn't expressly prohibited, but in the interests of being a friendly session I'm going to suggest we try to keep arguments out. :) Those are better played out on the message boards anyway. Those of us consuming cannabis are likely going to be wanting to chill.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Now I know all the secrets! :o

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

The meeting was very fun, but it is over. >:( Until next time. When should we do this again? Give suggestions.

I always knew Edgar was a square. >:(

I waited like 40 minutes for more people to show up before I got high. Which in hindsight was probably good because once I got stoned I had a hard time following the conversation. :D

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

video

:P

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

WTF IS â– ???

â–  is u25a0 (Unicode character)
25A0 - BLACK SQUARE
UTF-8 sequence: e2 96 a0
UTF-8 sequence (Decimal): 226 150 160
Table: (85) Geometric Forms (u25a0~u25ff (+0x60 characters))

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

RmBeer2 said:

WTF IS â– ???

Be there or be square

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

Although being square means being stupid, not uncool.
Is this a meme widely used in the USA?

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

In the US, being a square normally means being uncool. (Aside from that song I posted)

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Reminder that it's starting in 20 minutes. >:( I'm already in the meeting if anybody wants to join early, but I'll just be screwing around until 7 (you can probably watch me like a creeper without me realizing you are).

Here's that same meeting link again:

https://meet.google.com/iat-iuwc-tie

Append:

We got a short call accomplished once Edgar showed up 45 minutes late. >:( It was still fun (though we may need to start a GoFundMe page to speed up his Internets).

So far two calls in a row we only got two participants, and tonight's was 45 minutes late. :P This is looking like a failed idea, at least for 2020.

We discussed having another call on the weekend to hopefully get more participation. It's slightly more notice than we had tonight, and also it's on a weekend which is helpful for other timezones.

Let's try again on Sunday at 5 PM EDT (2020-07-19 21:00Z).

I'm going to go ahead and suggest another one a week from Saturday (2020-07-25 21:00Z).

Append:

I'm sorry, I missed the meeting tonight. :( My wife wanted to play with power tools (she cuts better than I do) and start working on a work bench for our garage.

I haven't seen any noise here or on IRC about my absence so I assume that means nobody tried to connect. :( On the plus side, I guess I didn't stand anybody up. On the downside, still very little interest in online meetings for this community (weed or alcohol are entirely optional; EVERYONE welcome[1]).

The meeting for next weekend is still planned, and I'll inform my wife of that one so that we can work our craftsmanship activities around it. See you then. Or else...

{"name":"i-will-find-you-and-i-will-kill-you.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/8\/88de1b079522ff7ad049e50d5d978ec2.jpg","w":400,"h":400,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/8\/88de1b079522ff7ad049e50d5d978ec2"}i-will-find-you-and-i-will-kill-you.jpg

References

1. As long as you won't "rat" on anybody using cannabis in a state/contry that prohibits it. If you think cannabis is harmful then I suggest joining our meeting to see for yourself how harmless and fun it can be.
Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

I'll try to make it since it's a reasonable day for me. ;D

No promises. It's this Saturday the 25th at 5:00 PM EDT right? (I'm bad at times. :-/)

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

IF the meeting goes on long enough I might join. The start time is a bit too early for me.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

That's the second time I've heard that. Which is promising because I inadvertently told my brother that I would come visiting on Saturday. :( It might work better for those I've heard interest from if we push it back a few hours then. Maybe instead of 21:00Z we make it Sunday at 01:00Z (Saturday at 9 PM EDT). If you are planning to join and that doesn't work for you please let us know. :-*

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

Yeah that's good, I have a date for Saturday at 2:00 pm right now so I probably would've been late to join anyway.

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

1   2 

Go to: