Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Sad personal news

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Sad personal news
Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

It is with a heavy heart and utter sadness that my son, Caleb that I bragged about on here and in IRC, has passed away this morning. He was 15 years old. We took him to Riley Children's Hospital in Indianapolis, Indiana after our local ER diagnosed him with pneumonia and oddly high white cell count last Thursday. June 30th the declared everything was good, after fixing trach issues and addressing a sore around his feeding tube site and sent us home. Told us the white cell was only 1 point above normal and everything else looked good. We were home two hours when Caleb suddenly stopped breathing, his heart stopped, and EMTs and the people at the ER couldn't get it going again.

I'm posting this here because, while we never saw eye to eye on things, I considered many here to be my friends and knew how proud I was to be a father.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I'm so sorry. I really am. I hope and pray you find peace, but I know it will not come immediately or easily.

As an aside: You should sue the hell out of the hospital. They need to be brought to justice.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

My condolences.

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I have sat here for 15 minutes without the right words to say. I still don't have them.

I do want you to know that I'm saddened to hear this news. And I too wish you to have peace.

Kevin Adrian
Member #7,087
April 2006

I am very very sorry and sad to hear about that.

My mouth will speak words of wisdom; the utterance from my heart will give understanding. (Psalm 49:3)

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Thank you. I've been beside myself since it happened. We knew the day would come, but even being mentally prepared for it doesn't lighten the blow at all.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I'm really sorry to hear about this, Specter. :'(

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

I'm very sorry to hear this, I hope you and your family will find the strength to make it through these difficult times.

Niunio
Member #1,975
March 2002

I haven't children but I lost a nephew a year ago. I feel you.

-----------------
Current projects: Allegro.pas | MinGRo

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

I'm speechless. Condolences.

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Matthew Leverton
Supreme Loser
January 1999

I'm sorry for your loss. :'(

I definitely remember you writing about him. My first thought was 15 years... couldn't be that long ago. But here we are.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Thank you everyone. We lay him to rest on Tuesday. I've said it's hard to believe how fast time has gone. I kept at my programming and kept trying to get him into computers to make games he could play. Sadly he went to iPad and Roblox and I couldn't afford a Mac book to go that route. He was always happy even though he was bed ridden.I know I'll miss him, but I'm grateful his suffering is over.

Ariesnl
Member #2,902
November 2002

My sincere condoleances.:'(

I'm a father myself, I can't imagine losing my son. My life would be over.

Perhaps one day we will find that the human factor is more complicated than space and time (Jean luc Picard)
Current project: [Star Trek Project ] Join if you want ;-)

Go to: