Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro Development » Selecting Direct3D antialiasing issues

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Selecting Direct3D antialiasing issues
tinyBigGAMES
Member #17,458
February 2020

When you enable antialiasing on D3D, the screen jumps around and then settles down.

#SelectExpand
1 if aAntiAlias then 2 begin 3 al_set_new_display_option(ALLEGRO_SAMPLE_BUFFERS, 1, ALLEGRO_SUGGEST); 4 al_set_new_display_option(ALLEGRO_SAMPLES, 8, ALLEGRO_SUGGEST); 5 end 6 else 7 begin 8 al_set_new_display_option(ALLEGRO_SAMPLE_BUFFERS, 0, ALLEGRO_SUGGEST); 9 al_set_new_display_option(ALLEGRO_SAMPLES, 0, ALLEGRO_SUGGEST); 10 end; 11 12 case aRenderAPI of 13 Direct3D: al_set_new_display_flags(ALLEGRO_DIRECT3D_INTERNAL); 14 OpenGL : al_set_new_display_flags(ALLEGRO_OPENGL); 15 end;

Jarrod Davis
Owner/Lead Developer
tinyBigGAMES LLC

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

tinyBigGAMES
Member #17,458
February 2020

Ahh, ok. I guess I had been working with a build that had the fix I got from you last year. As soon as the PR is posted, I will merge and rebuild. Thx.

Edit: I found your changes from your test branch, applied and recompiled. I can confirm that everything works as expected.

Jarrod Davis
Owner/Lead Developer
tinyBigGAMES LLC

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Next time you edit bump the thread so I see it. I was just going to bump this so I didn't forget.

Nice of you to test my changes for me. ;)

Kindly remind me where you got them, as I seem to have lost them.... :o

EDIT
Ah, I see, the 'test' branch of my allegro5 fork. That's where that went. :o

Go to: