Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » The Depot » Brutalo Deluxe 3 First Release

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Brutalo Deluxe 3 First Release
Frank Drebin
Member #2,987
December 2002

Hi guys,

for those who played Brutalo Deluxe 2, I wanted to share with you an early release of Brutalo Deluxe 3. Brutalo Deluxe 3 is a complete graphical overhaul of Brutalo Deluxe 2. The idea is to keep the gameplay the same, however, I think BD3 will focus more on the slowmotion / bullet time effect (can be activated with 'E').

This screenshot demonstrates the difference in native resolution between BD3 and BD2:

{"name":"612223","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/6\/464086074c9f0cd278cb5f2cc7dc1e73.png","w":1920,"h":1080,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/4\/6\/464086074c9f0cd278cb5f2cc7dc1e73"}612223

You can find a short gameplay video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33aQuoW2B3Q

Even though there's nothing to shoot at yet, your input and suggestion on what to implement is welcome.

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

Sound like you're a remake, why?... ???

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

Frank Drebin
Member #2,987
December 2002

I think the reason to make a remake is the same as for other remakes: The gameplay is still okay but the graphics are out-of-date...;D

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

RmBeer2 said:

Sound like you're a remake, why?...

Didn't you just remake Minesweeper?

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

Nice, I like it so far. The bullets are an excellent addition and the "bullet time" could be fun. One small issue I noticed is that the gun sound has a slight delay after you click fire (perhaps the delay is in the sound effect itself), it's pretty annoying.

Even though there's nothing to shoot at yet, your input and suggestion on what to implement is welcome.

The rest of the gameplay? :)

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

Frank Drebin
Member #2,987
December 2002

SiegeLord said:

One small issue I noticed is that the gun sound has a slight delay after you click fire (perhaps the delay is in the sound effect itself), it's pretty annoying.

Hmmm this is strange. I didn't observe such a delay. Also in the sound file itself there is no long silence at the beginning.

Is the delay much more pronounced for you compared to the video I posted?
Is the game running smoothly for you? What FPS do you get?

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

What I mean is that he is rebuilding his own game, which seems odd to me...

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

I tested this again on Windows, and there was no more delay... must be something about wine and/or my Linux setup :o.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Go to: