Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Help me to find the name of this song!

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Help me to find the name of this song!
Paul whoknows
Member #5,081
September 2004

Long, long, long time no see.

It took me several tries to finally log-in, after all these years it seems I still remember my allegro.cc user name and my password (user name != shown name) that made everything harder :P

I'm currently using Godot :P

But the reason of my return is this song playing in my head over and over again, a song whose name I don't know.

Please, help me to find its name! thank you.

This song was used as background music in this TV ad.

video

____

"The unlimited potential has been replaced by the concrete reality of what I programmed today." - Jordan Mechner.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

have you tried... Shazaam?

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

It sounds generic enough to possibly be original, though I'd say there are several popular songs very similar to that (I can't think of any right now though). Though I have no idea... I tried a brief lyric search, but came up empty.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

He's a traitor!

(Though a traitor with a much higher probability of actually finishing a game ;D)

bamccaig said:

tried a brief lyric search, but came up empty.

Same here, nada: https://www.google.com/search?q=love+me+now+maybe+then+you%27ll+thinking+of+just+like+i+am+so&oq=love+me+now+maybe+then+you%27ll+thinking+of+just+like+i+am+so&aqs=chrome..69i57.375j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

My guess is it's an original, or one that was produced and licensed specifically for commercials.

And HOW YA BEEEN!? :D I haven't seen you in a long time, what have you been up to?

There's a [KrampusHack coming up on December 13th](https://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/617979), you should join :) It's open for any traitorous game dev tools you want (j/k about traitorous).

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

phate
Member #2,235
April 2002

There is no way that song is anything other then a made up jingle exclusively made for just that ad.

-----
For my next trick... ah fark it.
[Website][Twitter]

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Paul whoknows said:

He's a traitor!

(Though a traitor with a much higher probability of actually finishing a game ;D)

Not likely, I heard Godot doesn't show.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Bob Keane said:

Godot doesn't show

What do you mean?

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Paul whoknows
Member #5,081
September 2004

My guess is it's an original, or one that was produced and licensed specifically for commercials.

Ah, quoting is still a pain, that's nice, everything looks the same.

Yeah, probably that's the case, I really like this song, and in my opinion the singer has an awesome vibrato, and the lead melody is really sticky, overall I think is a great production!

And HOW YA BEEEN!? :D I haven't seen you in a long time, what have you been up to?

Working in the "game industry" since 2008. I'll always feel thankful to this site for all I learned here, in big part due to the contribution of several members (most of them now gone). Currently I'm using Godot for mobile devices, but in the past I worked with Nintendo SDKs (DS and Wii), Torque (worst crap ever made), and Gamemaker.

There's a [KrampusHack coming up on December 13th](https://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/617979), you should join :) It's open for any traitorous game dev tools you want (j/k about traitorous).

Little free time, but Since I became proficient at Godot, I would like to participate only to show other people the unlimited power of this engine, which, by the way, is Open Source like Allegro.

Quick! We're being attacked by lurkers and the old guard!! Play dead! :D xD

I used to be the new kid on the block :-X

Bob Keane said:

Not likely, I heard Godot doesn't show.

Haha, nice one.

In fact, Godot was just a code-name for what would be something else, a more general purpose engine with a proper UI instead of a set of assorted tools. We knew it would take a long time, so we used a name based on a play by Samuel Becket to represent that feeling

____

"The unlimited potential has been replaced by the concrete reality of what I programmed today." - Jordan Mechner.

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Quick! We're being attacked by lurkers and the old guard!! Play dead!

Meh, nothing really motivating to respond.

I used to be the new kid on the block :-X

Paul whoknows
Member #5,081
September 2004

Why do you want to know the name etc? Do you want sheet music or tabs? I've been messing with guitar again for the last three years, I could probably hammer out the key, chords and melody lines.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

He's a traitor!

I still don't know, if I go to make a game, what I'll use. I prefer flat code ala Allegro. But there are SO many engines out there it makes you wonder.

Perhaps prototype with engines but redo properly from scratch? Eh? I don't know.

I don't have a surplus of time or energy these days to do a game proper.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Go to: