Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » The Depot » Build your online games in BlackRook

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Build your online games in BlackRook
RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

I just came up with a great idea that can serve as an API to build games quickly in the shortest time possible from the BlackRook Server.

It is programmed from C or C++, it is compiled in 16 or 32 bits mode, only the BlackRook header is included, or together with the Allegro headers, the game is compiled and exported in a library to the Server.

What are the advantages?
1) The game will be isolated from the rest of the memory, so you can not hack, any attempt to damage only collapse your game and the program will abort it.
2) You have direct access to all the fast features from simple functions or calls. You can optionally opt for already defined templates or processes. (listed below)
3) With the header of BlackRook, you can use all the functions to access the data of the Server and all its features also from the Client. (listed below)
4) You still use C or C++ with the functions of Allegro, there is no damage to the code so it is easily recyclable.
5) It will be totally portable, without the need to compile for different architectures or machines.
6) Generate your own income.
7) Optional: The headers you want to include, choose the features of BlackRook or Allegro, also has different screen modes.

And disadvantages?
1) If you need to communicate with the data of the Server you must to include the header of BlackRook.
2) Using features of BlackRook that do everything for you limits your learning.
3) Only 2 libraries are included at the moment to work on your code: Allegro and BlackRook.

This is a small list of features that is already finished:
1) User registration/login.
2) User data.
3) Supports Channels, Modules and Sub-Modules.
4) List of users in the Channel.
5) List of users participating in the game from the Channel.
6) Chat, included graphically on screen with a text entry.
7) Control of Sprites and animations.
8) Control of Images and animations.
9) Log shared or independent output.
10) Execution of commands and parameters from a text entry.
11) Converter between UTF-8 and CP437.
12) Supports TLS connection (GnuTLS).
13) Control and management of Resources. (Codes, Graphics, Music, Sounds, etc.)
14) Grid, also called Tiles.
15) Bot IRC.
16) System of Global and Independent Permissions for each area.
17) Control of music and audio.
18) Processing of SHA.
19) Credit System.
20) Dates/Times Control.
21) Captcha Control.
22) Control of Files and Directories.

Maybe I need to name more. But it does not matter.

There are only 2 real problems at this moment which drastically stuckme for progressing:

• Due to a terrible physical and mental decline, I do not think I can finish it in less than a month, it may take me 1 year or more.

• The usual problem: I NEED SUPPORT!! It is a problem when it comes to exposing it to the public.

This is specifically for you and for others. You can even freely generate your own income with the Credit System. What more could you ask for?
I also have no idea how I should publish this to the public, whether to do it secretly until I finish it or publish it meanwhile I develop it, for just to steal my ideas and my audiences like the steam shit did.

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

Not yet, I'm just going to take it out once it's functional. At this moment I'm just looking for the interest of the public.

🌈🌈🌈 🌟 BlackRook WebSite (Only valid from my installer) 🌟 C/C++ 🌟 GNU/Linux 🌟 IceCream/Cornet 🌟 🌈🌈🌈

Rm Beer for Emperor 2021! Rm Beer for Ruinous Slave Drained 2022! Rm Beer for Traveler From The Future Warning Not To Enter In 2023! Rm Beer are building a travel machine for Go Back from 2023! Rm Beer in an apocalyptic world burning hordes of Zombies in 2024!

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I think that it's important to define what "BlackRook" is, what its current status is, what its timeline is, etc. At the moment, it just sounds like vaporware. A dream. Nothing more.

It's incredibly odd to not even post a link in such an OP. The idea is grand, but not unique. I think we all more or less have this idea.

Either your English skills are betraying you, or you're deluded. :P The use or not of headers should be irrelevant to high-level functions of any software. That's a technical detail that has nothing to do with the function of software.

Odds are slim that what you've done is worth as much as you think it is, but until you've shown it to somebody else only you can assess it. Even if it is something it seems you've run into a wall where you don't know how to monetize it. Presumably that's your goal because if your only goal was for people to use it then the best way for that is to release it as free (libre) software. People will always use good software if they can. If your software is really good then people will want to be using it. It just comes down to how you are going to limit their use.

At this point it's sort of chicken vs. egg. Nobody knows what this software is, or how to use it, so nobody is interested in it, but you need people to be interested in it to make it a success, and you cannot allow people to know what it is without risking it being ripped off..

If there are truly unique ideas here then you could pursue some kind of software patent. They're evil, but then we all are required by our societies to make a living somehow and so it is what it is. Consider if your ideas are really that unique. If you're not sure, you can consider confiding in an impartial third party that you trust to guide you.

Good luck either way. This screams "Monday project!" :) At least in my timezone you were a day early, but perhaps it's just perfect in your timezone. :-/ That said, if you're in Argentina I don't think that's possible. :P Nevertheless, I think this is Monday project material unless you can provide us with something, whether documentation or code.

If not, perhaps you should control your excitement and continue working hard on it until you do have something you can share.

Append:

P.S. Sorry to hear that you're struggling right now. I enjoy your presence and participation in IRC.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

That DNS record is not currently available to me, but I can see that alledos in IRC is able to visit the Web site on port 80... I'll try to remember to check again later...

Append:

Seems Edgar had a typo..

http://blackrook.ddns.net

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

wtf!! "vaporware"!!! it's the second user that saying me!! jajajajaja
A little of everything, always contributes to that nobody understands that deals BlackRook and they forget his presence.
Thanks, I guess that was what I needed to know, I'm going to continue working until I have something to share.

I already added the link in my signature. BlackRook contains all topics of my interest, so instead of locating different websites or places separately, I did it all in one.

EDIT:

I only have 2 applications to download, so you can get an idea of ​​how it works. There are 2 different programs, but the base is the same and access to the same Server.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

RmBeer2 said:

compiled in 16 or 32 bits mode

Quote:

compiled in 16 bits

Quote:

16 bits

Quote:

.... what.

-----sig:
β€œPrograms should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

http://blackrook.ddns.net/index.php?l=en

I assume he meant 32 or 64, just a brain fart...

rmbeer, if you want me to try and build BlackRook client for windows I wouldn't mind. I don't know if I could get GnuTLS to compile in Windows though....

The english ( index.php?l=en&p=3 ) download page doesn't work. SuperPez was not found on this server....

Also, your Ajedrez and BlackRook downloads are giving me 504 gateway timeout...

RmBeer2
Member #16,660
April 2017

ok, I'm going to create a uniqueness and resurrect this post.

Edgar, the moment you said it, I checked that it worked, I do not know where you are looking, SuperPez should not exist anymore.

Only for today is fallen, for tonight is online again...

This project could definitely benefit us all. The only way that can fail is for everyone to throw it away.
Once I finish it, the rest will depend on everyone, it is only useful for everyone, but not for me.

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

I had some 504 too, maybe a cache problem.

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Go to: