Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Programming Questions » Allegro 4 DOS / DJGPP binary snapshot

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Allegro 4 DOS / DJGPP binary snapshot
Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Anyone have a binary snapshot of Allegro 4?

I'm doing work on Dosbox and I'm specifically looking for that simple shoot-em-up game tester program that allows you to select a variety of video modes (resolution and depth), as well as direct write / page flipping / double buffering.

Since I'm not testing Allegro for bugs, any practical version of Allegro 4 will probably work.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

Anyone have a binary snapshot of Allegro 4?

You mean where everything is compiled already? What OS?

Quote:

I'm doing work on Dosbox and I'm specifically looking for that simple shoot-em-up game tester program

Meaning to set the optimization flags for 486 or less, as Dosbox will barf and die on more advanced instructions.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

What OS?

DOS.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

I was fiddling with this myself time to time, and found that it's easier to test programs in the native OS due to having multiple windows open and being able to try your program out without closing all the other text files etc. Then you can either just copy the source over to your DOSBOX directory, fire up DOSBOX and hit "make" and run it. I even altered source files in the DOSBOX directory without closing DOSBOX and it seemed to work OK.

It is easier to use a VM such as Oracle, though, although the disadvantage is that you can't import/export directly out of a DOS VM very easily. I simply made the DOS "disk" visible to an XP VM where I could import and export with that.

They all watch too much MSNBC... they get ideas.

Go to: