Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Leaked internal Google video featuring Brin, Page, Pichai

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Leaked internal Google video featuring Brin, Page, Pichai
torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

Another good reason to switch to a different search engine?
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/09/12/leaked-video-google-leaderships-dismayed-reaction-to-trump-election/

It's like an anti Trump cult meeting. It's distressing to me how superficial these influential people's understanding of politics is, yet they seem so sure. It's also a good reminder why a company ought to be careful about having values that are not relevant to their business.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

Ok, what do you mean by that? Should Google start using the same kind of dishonest rhetoric in the interest of "outing" themselves as biased? Or did you not actually watch the video..? Just curious ::)

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

D-bags be d-baggin'. There's a reason they got rid of their "Do No Evil" slogan.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

No, I didn't watch your video. I have no time to waste on silly liberals. Who cares? You really think Google's results are biased? Of course they are, to some small degree, but your crazy conspiracy theories of plots against Trump by Google execs matters not. Is FB biased? Is YT? Yeah, of course. Everyone is. The point is, we already know that, so wasting time on it is silly.

But of course I suppose you prefer Trump's point of view, that CNN and NBC are 'fake news' and they are biased against trump. Trump's just a dumbass, and so he gets a bad rap by statistical probability. No bias there. Is FOX biased? Hahahaha lmao

Smile Torhu. :)

Torhu said:

It's like an anti Trump cult meeting.

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

D-bags be d-baggin'. There's a reason they got rid of their "Do No Evil" slogan.

Yeah, but I think that was before this radicalization happened? Anyway, the big G is probably going to be more and more of a threat to democracy. It's funny how the media will go on endlessly about Russian this or that, but not even mention something like this.

@Edgar: Politics influences your life too, you should consider paying some attention. You could start by watching the first few minutes of the video. If that doesn't scare you, you are probably dead :p

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Torhu said:

Anyway, the big G is probably going to be more and more of a threat to democracy.

I really think you're overreacting here. Even if they do, people will stop using them. If you find out your search engine is biased against your party, sure you'll probably try something else. No big deal.

Go to: