Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » The Depot » Sweep Fighter

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Sweep Fighter
tiesuerioto
Member #16,863
June 2018

My attempt at making a simple fighting game. I'm not great at programming or drawing, so it isn't much to look at, but I finally got it to a point where it doesn't freeze every other time I try to run it, so I tried uploading it. It can be downloaded from here if you're interested.

Screenshot:
{"name":"Nix2qo.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/d\/3d89bbdf0de4f5782059d050936314fd.png","w":640,"h":360,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/3\/d\/3d89bbdf0de4f5782059d050936314fd"}Nix2qo.png
{"name":"Abo1SE.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/f\/8f0bd1b80ccfd605553e72ab003757a4.png","w":640,"h":360,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/8\/f\/8f0bd1b80ccfd605553e72ab003757a4"}Abo1SE.png

Edit: Added windows build.
Edit: Added special and jump attacks.

Frank Drebin
Member #2,987
December 2002

OK so I cannot say that I am a big fan of the game idea ::) but technically everything works for me ;)

I'm wondering if there is a way to cancel the round before the time is up...

Also, why is your allegro.dll only 1.5 MB whereas mine is around 17 MB ???

tiesuerioto
Member #16,863
June 2018

>OK so I cannot say that I am a big fan of the game idea
Can you elaborate?

>I'm wondering if there is a way to cancel the round before the time is up...
I forgot to mention that you can pause the game by pressing "1" for P1 and "2" for P2.

>Also, why is your allegro.dll only 1.5 MB whereas mine is around 17 MB
Maybe because I didn't include everything in it--mostly just what the game needed to run?

Frank Drebin
Member #2,987
December 2002

Can you elaborate?

I think what confuses me is the combination of the anime-style characters/the setting and that it is is a fighting game in a Street Fighter style... But I can only speak for myself and according to the name of the game this is exactly what you intended to do... Besides that the game is quite polished...

Quote:

Maybe because I didn't include everything in it--mostly just what the game needed to run?

Ah so this means you didn't use the precompiled binaries but you compiled them yourself. I was not aware that you can select only the stuff that you actually need. Is this explained in the manual?

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I think what confuses me is the combination of the anime-style characters/the setting and that it is is a fighting game in a Street Fighter style...

Have you never seen anime fighters before? There's like, literally hundreds on Steam.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

tiesuerioto
Member #16,863
June 2018

I think what confuses me is the combination of the anime-style characters/the setting and that it is is a fighting game in a Street Fighter style...

I guess SF tries to be (relatively) more realistic. Maybe there aren't enough airdashes in this game...

I was not aware that you can select only the stuff that you actually need. Is this explained in the manual?

I didn't really choose what I needed. I think if you don't have certain dependencies, they're just skipped in the building process.

Frank Drebin
Member #2,987
December 2002

Haha - I just needed to google Airdashes but now I understand ;D

I think I am going to compile Allegro myself to see what size comes out.

So the game is finished or you gonna add some features still?

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

tiesuerioto
Member #16,863
June 2018

So the game is finished or you gonna add some features still?

I plan on adding a few more things.

Go to: