Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Latest Facebook Data Scandal?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
 1   2   3   4 
Latest Facebook Data Scandal?
Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

I was watching the news today and they mentioned this. The news is heavily liberal so they had to slip in that company was affiliated with Trump during his campaign. I told my wife, there you go, they figured out a way to link Trump to it! LMAO... unreal.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

They didn't have to go very far. Apparently Trump's campaign hired the company to help during the campaign. :P I really don't understand people's strong ties to political sides. You think you're conservative thinking so you hate on people that are liberal thinking? They're liberal thinking so you hate on people that are conservative thinking? The extreme of both sides are fucking stupid (and that's where the politics usually takes them because politics). Most sane people are somewhere in between. If you instinctively go into fight mode when somebody with different political ideals than you speaks then you're going to be missing the good ideas because your head is buried in the sand. It doesn't matter what people's political ideals are. What matters is the ideas being discussed. Stop detracting from what matters.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Actually, I don't hate on anyone based on their political stance, though that does indicate certain aspects of their personality.

I defended Obama in a video I done up a few years back, and I am conservative by nature. But I am against lies and false accusations.

The fact is, that company is the one that accessed all the data, period. But the news are trying to make not so subtle implications that Trump was somehow involved. It's just never ending attacks against the man that drive me to not want to watch the news anymore.

If you don't see that, than you are the one with your head in the sand.

---

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Neil Roy said:

I defended Obama in a video I done up a few years back

And I'm a liberal who voted for him twice, and I think he was a terrible president who didn't bring any change his platform ran on, sued journalists to reveal sources, wiretapped journalists, drone striked an American citizen (first time ever) without congressional approval, and more.

He also gave us a healthcare bill that was a CASH PRIZE for corrupt healthcare corporations, while PENALIZING THE POOR for not having insurance. And did our rates go down? HA. HAHA. HAAHHHAHA. It might as well have been a bill that penalized people for not having Cable Internet and gave the profits to Comcast. Meanwhile, healthcare costs are RISING by TWENTY PERCENT in some states EVERY YEAR. The bill did NOTHING to address actual costs because that would mean the corporations would have to change.

The fact there wasn't widespread corporate campaigns to fight back against the ACA should have been all the proof we needed that it was in their favor, not ours.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Wow, that's crazy. Yeah, I am Canadian, but I didn't see what good Obama did. I only defended him on specific charges some religious people made that he was "the beast", which I thought was ridiculous. Just because one is a bad president, doesn't make one the spawn of Satan. His best friend maybe, but... ;D

The focus we keep seeing on this never ending witch hunt against Trump just annoys me. Certainly he's no saint, but can we get on with more important things? I think if I hear "Russia" and "Trump" in the same sentence again I'll explode. ;)

I could say the same about Hillary to be fair; either charge her with a crime, or shut up about it and move on.

---

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I always felt the healthcare bill was a case of an x-step program and like all but a few steps at the end were killed off just to get past Congress, and only the first few steps would bring useful change.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red
If anyone is of the opinion that there is no systemic racism in America, they're either blind, stupid, or racist too. ~Edgar Reynaldo

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I agree people have suggested that it was an "initially bad bill that people were going to fix later", but that next step has yet to come while literally tens of thousands (or more orders-of-a-magnitude?) suffer every year as fewer and fewer can afford it.

When I lost my insurance years ago, the "affordable" plan? $380 / month. If I'm unemployed, how the !@$!@$ am I supposed to afford that? (And it's gone up every year.) And the "market place" of competition? I had the choice of BlueCross... and... BlueCross... and the competing company... BlueCross.

But I'm basically seeing doctors once a week, with a $45 co-pay every visit. And that's WITH "GOOD" INSURANCE provided by my employer. I lost dental two years ago because of the rising costs. I'm knee deep in this craphole and it's full of bad doctors. Hell, I've spent six years trying to get diagnosed with an extremely painful immune disorder they still haven't figured out.

My boss has remarked that healthcare is his NUMBER TWO company cost, under salaries, for all of his bills.

And I'm not saying Obama did NOTHING good either. But there's TONS of legit things to be mad at, like completely letting Wall Street banks off with destroying our entire economy and none of them zero jail time. Or how about the BP oil spill where nobody went to jail.

Meanwhile (hate him or hate him) Bush treated criminal companies like this: Break the law? GO to jail. Who gives a crap what happens to the economy. Now yes, he gave us Iraq and Afghanistan which now OUTRANK VIETNAM. #gretjobfam #kthxbye , but I'm talking about letting HUGE corporations become EVEN MORE HUGE and powerful compared to... when a Democrat (?!!? I thought they were protecting us from them!?) took office and they got even bigger and more powerful. [edit] For example, I think if Bush was around, Uber (maybe also Facebook) would already be in jail.[/edit]

I'm not a "democrat" or "republican." Net neutrality? Yes. Environment? YES YES YES YES. People? Should be trusted. Corporations? Should not be trusted as they have the actual financial incentive to commit environmental attacks on a reoccurring basis compared to some guy dumping his car oil into the lawn. Gay marriage? I don't give a crap if you marry a taco. Weed? Trillion dollar companies can sell you addictive drugs without telling you the side-effects, why can't the farmer's market?

(p.s. "Fuck Comcast" should be a platform.)

If it weren't for all the insane "new-left", I'd be a "Democrat". But their insistence on using dead bodies of children to prop up their emotional arguments ("if you don't have logic on your side, use emotion!") is another form of lynch mob, and I find it offensive. Having "good intentions" has nothing to do with making the world actually better. Your mother could have had "good intentions" by never letting you leave the house, but that doesn't make you a healthy adult.

[edit]

Back to my healthcare point. If the bill was actually for US and not COMPANIES, it would have allowed "competing across state lines." What possible reason in 20xx could we have for not allowing us to get a better deal from a company outside out state? Oh yeah, Comcast Runs Healthcare.

And don't get me started on how evil and corrupt the Republican "health" plan was. ::)

[edit] I keep planning on doing a YouTube video to elaborate on these points with sources, but I've not got around to it yet.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

I don't have anything of value to add... but regarding healthcare (or the lack thereof), I remember seeing a comic online that critiqued different countries' healthcare. It went something like this: "In the US, you die because you can't afford healthcare. In Canada, you die waiting to receive healthcare. Elsewhere, you die because there is no healthcare." I thought it was funny...

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

"In the US, you die because you can't afford healthcare. In Canada, you die waiting to receive healthcare. Elsewhere, you die because there is no healthcare." I thought it was funny...

LMAO, perfect! :) Yup, when you wait hours in the EMERGENCY part of the hospital to see someone, something is broken.

Personally, I stopped seeing my family doctor as he done me ZERO good. I only seen him because of my type 2 diabetes I had at the time. Before that I didn't even have a family doctor for over 10 years, never needed one. I prayed (sorry, but it's what I did, like it or not)about my type 2 diabetes and I no longer have it or take meds for it, so I no longer need a doctor (I honestly NEVER needed one in the first place). Haven't seen my doctor since... about two years ago I think?

I now pray about everything (again, sorry, but it's what I do, just saying, not preaching at anyone) and I am generally healed. In pain, I pray rather than taking pain meds. Can't sleep, I pray... it's something I started to work on back in 2015, to have more faith and see fewer pill pushers. I also found garlic to be an excellent natural anti-biotic for certain things, again, combined with prayers. Aside from the usual aches and pains and other problems that comes with hitting my 50s, I feel fairly healthy, and I have NO doctors at all to thank! :) I avoid the food my Bible tells me not to eat, I quit smoking when I was 27 (thank God!!!) and I never get the flu or cold anymore. Lately I drink some wine as well, which is good for you (not drunk), the Bible mentions it for common health problems. Plus I love the taste (Baby Duck, yum!).

Again, not preaching at anyone here, but... there are a lot of health benefits and low costs to how I do things. My mother died when she was 49 of cancer, so I have already beat her age. Now that I am 53, I see 49 as an awfully young age to die at.

---

Samuel Henderson
Member #3,757
August 2003

I remember when Obama's campaign was heralded as 'modern' and 'fresh' for their aggressive data mining of social platforms. They were an example of why Conservatives were out of touch with the millenials etc etc.

The hypocrisy in the media is absolutely astounding to me.

=================================================
Paul whoknows: Why is this thread still open?
Onewing: Because it is a pthread: a thread for me to pee on.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Every day I'm a little closer to George Carlin. How the MSM just distracts us to keep us fighting each other so we never realize who is really in power. Like how the blue, or red, president has zero affect on the banking industry, or Wall Street, or weapons and wars.

We were given Obama to shut us up and give us "hope" while doing nothing to actually change anything. Drone assassinations on US citizens without congressional approval? Wire-tapping and tracking journalists? Trying to put Snowden in jail for telling us about our own spy agencies being out of control? Letting Wall Street off with zero jail time? (Then Eric Holder getting a JOB working for them afterward!) Super progressive!

That's the point I keep trying to fight for these days. Is to try and convince my family and friends that no matter who is in office, nothing ever gets better. Healthcare keeps going up. Democrats who hold offices in states, yet the states are full of crime and corruption. The idea that "simply getting more Blue people into office will save us" is a complete falsehood, and believing that actually helps the corrupt STAY in power.

And note how NOTHINHG I said ever mentions "the GOP are the good guys." My point is, they're BOTH the bad guys.

-----sig:

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

One of the biggest wrongs politicians do is suppress human rights. Free speech and self defense are big ones, and one party does more than any other to try and shrink those. It's hard to claim that an administration that is doing quite a bit to deregulate and essentially reduce government power is the same as any other before it. Sure, it's still a circus, but that's the state of modern politics.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

There's that old tagline, deregulate. It's right up there with Trickle Down EconomicsDumbest Idea Ever. Right, let's give industry more ways to avoid paying taxes and supporting our country. That's where all the politician's money comes from. We wouldn't want to make them actually work for their money, now would we?

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

You sound like you could be one of those people that thinks everybody with more income than you is "the rich." Giving the federal government less power over the people and the states is ideal.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

raynebc said:

You sound like you could be one of those people that thinks everybody with more income than you is "the rich." Giving the federal government less power over the people and the states is ideal.

Blah blah blah when's the last time you looked at a wealth distribution chart of the united states or the world?

The pyramid reveals that:

half of the world's wealth belongs to the top 1%,
top 10% of adults hold 85%, while the bottom 90% hold the remaining 15% of the world's total wealth,
top 30% of adults hold 97% of the total wealth.

Think about that for a second. Let's do some math.

First, units are percent of wealth per percent of population. Then find the relative factor between the two.

1 out of every hundred people have as much wealth as the other 99 combined.

0.5/0.01 = 500 , 0.5/0.99 = 500/99 = 5 5/99 , 500/ (5 5/99) = 99

0.85/0.1 = 8.5 , 0.15/0.9 = 15/90 = 1/6 = 0.166667 , 8.5 / (1/6) = 51
1 out of every ten people holds 51 times as much wealth as the other 9

0.97/0.3 = 3.2 and 0.03/0.7 = 3/70 = 0.04 , 3.2/0.04 = 80

3 out of 10 people hold 80 times as much wealth as one of the other 7

This is the world mind you, but the US isn't much better.

In the United States:
In 2007, the richest 1% of the American population owned 34.6% of the country's total wealth (excluding human capital), and the next 19% owned 50.5%. The top 20% of Americans owned 85% of the country's wealth and the bottom 80% of the population owned 15%.

0.346/0.01 = 34.6 , 0.664/0.99 = 664/990 = ~2/3 , 34.6/(2/3) = 51.9 times as much money

0.85/0.2 = 42.5 , 0.15/0.8 = 3/16 = 0.18 , 42.5/0.18 ~ = 200 Times as much money per person

The rich do not need another tax break. Regulations are meant to make things better, not worse. But I suppose you could do without things like the Clean Air Act, or Emission Control Standards. Companies need to shut up and pay their taxes, and pay their employees. The stock market is utter BS. Just shuffling money around, and so called conservatives want to "deregulate" Wall Street so corrupt people can make more money. And then you want to try and convince me to put my entire retirement into the stock market? A volatile market with no mercy on the weak. Pensions, gone. Retirement, gone. Life savings, gone. You want to give tax breaks to the rich, and cut social security and medicare and medicaid.

I have a total wealth of -55,000 dollars at this time thanks to school. So most people are richer than me. It's just that when 20% of people have 200 times as much money as 80% of people that bothers me. Are one in five people really as valuable as 200 of one of the other four?

But no, people don't deserve things like health care, or being able to afford a home or feed their kids, or to actually retire for a few years before they die. We should privatize it all because The Free Market Knows BestTM. All hail the great engine of capitalism. Whatever.

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

Neil Roy said:

In pain, I pray rather than taking pain meds

People like you are very dangerous in 2018. That kind of thing was ok a hundred years a go, but we've moved on.....well, we're trying.

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

I don't do stocks. Companies shouldn't be too big to fail, they should be allowed to crash and burn. The wealth distribution doesn't concern me in the least, the rich are already paying more than plenty. Sure, they should tax exempt necessities like food and medicine, but all luxuries should be taxed at a flat rate. And when tax breaks are applied evenly to all tax payers, of course those that pay the most will get the most relief. That's the point. But there's really no need to keep this thread bogged down in one-percenter political bickering.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Dizzy Egg said:

People like you are very dangerous in 2018. That kind of thing was ok a hundred years a go, but we've moved on.....well, we're trying.

So, just ignore my results and complain I am dangerous... how? I am not telling you or anyone else to do it.

Fact: I had type 2 diabetes
Fact: I was on 3 meds a day for it (4 pills a day total)!
Fact: My vision got a lot worse as a result of it.
Fact: I prayed for it and a series of events I won't get into caused me to stop taking my meds.
Fact: I seen my doctor, who screamed at me and hated the fact that i went off the meds, much like you hate the fact that I believe in God, and after he tested me, my blood sugar was fine! I went back to see him 6 months later and it was STILL FINE.
Fact: I PRAYED FOR A HEALING AND GOT IT! Don't like it? LUMP IT! How in the hell is that "dangerous" to ANYONE?!

I have already listed many more things I have prayed for and been healed and I got laughed at and mocked in here. But I will not deny that God did it just because you don't like it! Quit reading my messages because when the subject of health comes up, I will state how I was healed whether you like it or not!!! IT HAPPENED, IT'S A FACT, and the ONLY one that was in danger was ME if I kept taking the useless meds!

I have an older brother who was EXACTLY like me! He trusted the stupid doctors, he took their stupid pills, and his diabetes got WORSE! He ended up a type 1. Eventually, what used to be a very strong man who could beat anyone that dared to fight him (he had a temper and wasn't weak), was reduced to crawling up the stairs to go to bed, wishing he was dead and in October of 2016 I watched and heard him breathe his last breath! I later learned the reason why his legs were so weak was because of the Lipitor he was on, which not only weakens your legs but can cause you to get diabetes (they were being sued for that in 2015, look it up). They give that med to all diabetics ironically.

So don't tell me I am dangerous for not trusting in medication. Yes, I get angry about this because that sort of trust in doctor's KILLED MY BROTHER!!!

I was healed, of a great many things, BY GOD!!! It happened, it's a FACT.

When I'm in pain, I PRAY, and the pain goes away. Sorry if that irritates you and the pharmacies in this world. I haven't seen a doctor in two years now, 3 years since I seen any regularly. GOD has healed me through prayer for a great many things I will never deny Him. Not for the likes of you, or anyone else!!!

---

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Quote:

Fact:

That reminds me of this great video.

video
(start at 0:20)

-----sig:

Dizzy Egg
Member #10,824
March 2009

Neil Roy said:

It happened, it's a FACT, don't like it?! KISS MY

See, it's not a dangerous opinion to have at all ::)

EDIT:

One for prayer

Prayer is awesome

----------------------------------------------------
Please check out my songs:
https://soundcloud.com/dont-rob-the-machina

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I thought you were gonna give us one of your awesome songs. >:(

-----sig:

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

I apologize for the language, edited it out (not that it makes a difference on here), but my big brother and I had the same problem. He trusted in the doctors and meds and it killed him. I did not, and will not. If that makes me dangerous, than so be it. I'll continue to pray and be healed. Sorry me being alive bothers you.

---

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

The "dangerous" part is that you have no evidence for your beliefs, but you believe in it so strongly. That's a recipe for disaster. What's worse, you encourage other people to believe in such delusions without evidence, which is where the real trouble starts. It's because of these same types of delusions that people strap explosives to their belly and blow themselves up in train stations. Your delusions appear to be no risk to anybody except yourself, but that doesn't mean that it's OK to let people believe that without challenging them.

You're free to claim that God healed you all you want to. By that same token, we're free to call bullshit. Odds are you were either misdiagnosed the first time, changed something in your lifestyle that reversed the condition (many people assert that a healthy diet will reverse diabetes), or you're still sick and the last batch of tests failed and you just haven't been tested since because you're convinced that you're healed. Your logic is flawed, and it's important to point that out.

Now you can still choose to believe that God has healed you. Maybe he has. I don't know. I can't know. But you can't know for certain either. You can choose to "have faith" that he has, but that's not the same as knowing. And every time you assert that you know he healed you, I will assert that you're delusional, and that's dangerous.

But now I just want to hear some funky new dubstep beat. :P

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

bamccaig said:

The "dangerous" part is that you have no evidence for your beliefs, but you believe in it so strongly.

No evidence? Can't you read? He prayed, stopped taking his medicine and was healed. His brother didn't, kept taking it, and died. You're so quick to doubt his word, but modern medicine isn't all it's cracked up to be all the time. Most if not all medicines have side effects of some form or another, and the less medication you have to take, honestly the better off you are. However, my mother is an opposite case. She takes about 10-15 different medicines, and all are necessary to keep her healthy and alive. She also takes a large variety of vitamin supplements, and she's in pretty good health overall, aside from a variety of issues. So in no way would I advise my mother to stop taking her medicine, but if Neil wants to put his faith in God to heal him, what's so horrible about that?

1   2   3   4 

Go to: