Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Anyone going to the East Coast Game Conference?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Anyone going to the East Coast Game Conference?
Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

http://ecgconf.com/

Probably not but thought I'd ask.

Maybe anyone know anyone going to the East Coast Game Conference? :)

I'll be going on April 18 and 19. Will probably be staying in Raleigh for those few days (and Friday).

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Interesting conference. Won't be going, though, have some pretty major obligations during that time.

I would probably really enjoy the talk from the guy on AI.

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Lawl. Their code of conduct explicitly states that it even applies outside of the convention (to any of your lives) if it

Quote:

has the potential to adversely affect the safety and well-being of community members.

Well, I guess I'm already pre-banned. 8-)

Quote:

500 S. Salisbury St. Raleigh, NC 27601

That's cool though. It's nice to have large events that aren't solely based in freakin' LA, or New York.

Fun Fact: ARCHER is made in the great state of Georgia. :)

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

I think that codes of conduct are going to ruin society. We're human, not machines. If you want to stay safe and can't protect yourself then travel with friends. It's not fucking rocket science. On the other hand, if somebody is making you uncomfortable or offended you can walk away. It's a public event. It's not like you're in an alleyway alone. It's all just very much bullshit. The idea of a "code of conduct" applying OUTSIDE an event/organization is complete bullshit. A person's private life is just that. Private. Any relationships or interactions are also private. There are already laws for criminal offenses. We don't need special rules in place.

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

I would probably really enjoy the talk from the guy on AI.

I'm hoping I make it there in time for his, I don't yet know how I'll be getting up there. If I have a car by then, I'll drive; but otherwise, I'll have to take the Amtrak or Greyhound. Or maybe I could nag someone to take me. I only live 45 minutes from Raleigh.

There's a few talks I want to see and his is one of them.

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Go to: