Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » I <3 my officemates, but I hate it when they...

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
I <3 my officemates, but I hate it when they...
BitCruncher
Member #11,279
August 2009

touch my screen.

anyone else?

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

YES! Except I therefore don't <3 them.

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I have a large screen I paid my entire bonus for (plus some). I've always wanted a 4K screen and finally have it.

People still touch it. And it's a bloody TV so it's very fragile compared to a monitor.

There really should be some computer etiquette training in school.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

... talk to me.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Hey, baby. Wanna kill all humans?

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

...breathe. :P

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Hey, baby. Wanna kill all humans?

{"name":"611273","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/c\/5cfc1dff5d57d90e84ae4cb671824391.gif","w":287,"h":378,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/5\/c\/5cfc1dff5d57d90e84ae4cb671824391"}611273

... wait until the last minute to drop a ton of work on your desk? It's especially fun when you have two minutes to get out the door unless you want to wait an hour for the next bus in the rain. Any idea how to make this video my wallpaper, full screen and no border?

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

type568
Member #8,381
March 2007

People touch your screen & live with it? :o

OICW
Member #4,069
November 2003

type568 said:

People touch your screen & live with it? :o

At work? Yes, it's not my display, IT manages that 8-) but still, it icks me, especially my boss tends to do that. As long as he does that to his laptop, I'm fine :)

Bob Keane said:

... wait until the last minute to drop a ton of work on your desk?

Better yet they walk to our office, ask about how long till we implement a new feature X, we tell them some realistic schedule like Y weeks of work. Then nothing happens for approximately Y weeks until someone pops in and tells us that we're starting a project Z that absolutely has to contain feature X and has to be delivered in less then Y weeks. All that time nobody tells us to start on X because we have a ton of other things to do.

[My website][CppReference][Pixelate][Allegators worldwide][Who's online]
"Final Fantasy XIV, I feel that anything I could say will be repeating myself, so I'm just gonna express my feelings with a strangled noise from the back of my throat. Graaarghhhh..." - Yahtzee
"Uhm... this is a.cc. Did you honestly think this thread WOULDN'T be derailed and ruined?" - BAF
"You can discuss it, you can dislike it, you can disagree with it, but that's all what you can do with it"

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

No one touch my screens. Not even me, except for the weekly cleaning.
What is the problem at just pointing things without touching them ?
>:(

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

It requires finer motor skills. Oo oo oo, a a a.

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Gideon Weems
Member #3,925
October 2003

It's work. You've got to assert dominance in cowardly ways, or you'll never get ahead.

Fart loudly in a meeting, for example. That is management material.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Sleep with the boss's wife, or daughter, or both!

-----sig:

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

Sleep with the boss's wife, or daughter, or both!

It's ok if it's an accident.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I fell into her. Over... and over.

-----sig:

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

I count it as an accident if it's something I probably wouldn't have done sober. I've had a lot of accidents.

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

She looked ill. I was just taking her temperature.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Go to: