Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Global Game Jam

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Global Game Jam
Elias
Member #358
May 2000

Is anyone taking part in the Global Game Jam this year? https://globalgamejam.org

And planning to use Allegro?

Myself I'll be gone half of Saturday so I guess I'll skip this year, even though Columbus happens to have a nice space and right next to my office. But in my experience Saturday morning is the make-or-break period for each team and that's when I would be missing - so assuming I'd be the only coder and using Allegro - just wouldn't work.

Unless maybe I'll sign up but form a solo team... even if that's a bit against the spirit.

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

I hope I get myself to do it this year. I think the trick would be to get a team, maybe pixel artist and an audio guy. I’m always trying to do these things myself. :-[

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Nope, I've sworn off game jams due to personal life never giving me any time to actually code anything for them.

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

Not this year, but after doing TINS back in October, I'd like to eventually do a Global Game Jam. Adding it to the bucket list. ;)

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Go to: