Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » Message in a bottle

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Message in a bottle
Larkin
Member #11,125
July 2009

How long is a message sitting in the outbox before being sent or am I missing something ?

Happy new year.

DanielH
Member #934
January 2001

I believe they are there until the recipient receives them (reads it).

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Larkin
Member #11,125
July 2009

I really appreciate the help. Thanks.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

It looks like I missed your message from yesterday.

Officially, it builds with MinGW and Allegro 4.4.3. The makefile works provided you tweak it a little bit depending on details.

As for the Code::Blocks project, it is out of date as far as I can remember. Last time I built eagle was with the makefile a month or so ago, and no changes since then.

PM said:

What I did is build your eagle4 lib with code::blocks, use the eagle.dll and build the required eagle.lib from the export file with the lib.exe from VC++.

If you can create an eagle.lib from a MinGW DLL more power to you. I don't know how lib.exe works, so I can't help you there without more info. You should be able to build with MinGW and the makefile and Allegro 4.4.3 and then pull your rabbit out of the hat with lib.exe.

If there are unresolved external symbols in the linker phase, then the headers are old or something is not being linked properly.

Just use this thread instead of PM, it's easier to reply here.

Edgar

EDIT
I'm not sure if eagle4 works with 4.4.2. I can't remember ever trying it. But I know it works with 4.4.3.

EDIT2
I cleaned up the CB project. Everything should build successfully now. The project now depends on having an Allegro4 folder in the root repo dir with lib and include sub-directories containing the libs and headers.

Get the latest version off Github :
https://github.com/EdgarReynaldo/EagleClassic

Larkin
Member #11,125
July 2009

I tried to build eagle4 from git with code::blocks but get

C:/Program Files (x86)/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/5.1.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lalleg44-debug.dll

I downloaded allegro-4.4.2-mingw-4.5.2.zip, unzipped it as allegro4 in the eagle4 root folder and copied allegro-4.4.2-monolith-md-debug.dll from the allegro4\lib folder as alleg44-debug.dll both to c:\windows\system32 as well as the eagle4 project root folder but obviously the linker couldn't locate it properly.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Larkin said:

I tried to build eagle4 from git with code::blocks but get

C:/Program Files (x86)/CodeBlocks/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/5.1.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lalleg44-debug.dll

You have to use the same compiler that the binaries were built with. Please do not use vanilla MinGW.org MinGW - it's really out dated, they're just releasing gcc 6. And don't use MinGW bundled with CB.

liballeg44-debug.dll.a is what the library is named when you build it with cmake. Your binaries are really outdated, and weren't built with cmake. That's why it can't find the library.

Quote:

I downloaded allegro-4.4.2-mingw-4.5.2.zip, unzipped it as allegro4 in the eagle4 root folder and copied allegro-4.4.2-monolith-md-debug.dll from the allegro4\lib folder as alleg44-debug.dll both to c:\windows\system32 as well as the eagle4 project root folder but obviously the linker couldn't locate it properly.

Please don't copy *.dll's or *.a's to your system32 folder. Delete any you moved there.

It would be easier if you just used my binaries.

I just put together a binary package of Eagle Classic that you can use. First, you need the compiler I used, then the Allegro 4.4.3 binaries I used to build Eagle with, and then the Eagle 4 binaries. Here they are :

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Toolchains%20targetting%20Win32/Personal%20Builds/mingw-builds/7.1.0/threads-posix/dwarf/i686-7.1.0-release-posix-dwarf-rt_v5-rev0.7z

https://bitbucket.org/bugsquasher/unofficial-allegro-5-binaries/downloads/Allegro443_MinGW71v4.7z

https://bitbucket.org/bugsquasher/eaglegui/downloads/Eagle4ClassicAlpha2.7z

Extract the first package and move the mingw32 folder inside it to c:\mingw .

Extract the binaries for A4.4.3 and Eagle4. Each comes with a lib, include, and bin folders inside it. The include folder holds the headers you need. The lib folders contains the archive libraries you need to link to. The bin folder holds the dlls necessary if you link dynamically.

Go to: