Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Request: Delete my posts and also my account

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Request: Delete my posts and also my account
dusthillresident
Member #16,778
December 2017

Hello,

I made a few posts in this thread https://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/617180
which I'm not proud of - I posted without thinking and stirred up trouble.

If possible, I'd like my posts to be deleted, and my account as well (or if that's not possible, perhaps rename my account or something instead?)

If my account is deleted, I'll probably make a new account, which I would only use for on-topic discussion (programming, the use of allegro, and related subjects) in the Allegro Library forum section.

I would also like to apologize for my posts.

Regards,
Brian

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Only Matthew Leverton has the authority to delete accounts. Even so, I don't know if he'd actually delete the account and all posts, or just deactivate it...

Regardless, if I were you, I wouldn't worry about it too much. We all write/say things from time to time that we wish we hadn't. Maybe instead you could edit the posts in question so their previous contents aren't public? Or just move on. And honestly, what you said isn't even bad. :P

dusthillresident
Member #16,778
December 2017

Hello,

Thanks. I edited my last post in the thread, but unfortunately it seems the forum doesn't allow you to edit posts beyond a certain age.
I'll contact Matthew Leverton.

Brian

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Quote:

Meh, we've done worse.

FTFY :)

OP: oddly enough, I had this nailed when I was a kid. Politics just turned me off. None of it made any sense, they all looked ugly (see Spitting Image which is an exaggeration of that perception of mine), and they all seemed so inhuman, fit only for mocking. They don't even dress nicely (they all look like identical assembly line penguins).

Then I made the mistake of starting to get involved in political discussions. Over the past, let's say, five years of my life, ever since I first actually had a clue about anything that was going on in politics, I have lost so much time that I could have been spending playing with Allegro :)

So, stick to your resolve and don't look back. I thoroughly approve. 8-)

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

It's all good. We all do stupid !@$@! on occasion. "being human" and "growing up" and all that.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

GullRaDriel
Member #3,861
September 2003

I've to say move on. We all make mistakes, or things we think as mistakes.

"Code is like shit - it only smells if it is not yours"
Allegro Wiki, full of examples and articles !!

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Meh, we've seen worse.

No reason to delete anything.

Yeah, just look at an thread where me or/and Bams get started and you will see worse.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Okay, so what's everyone's opinion on abortion?

;D ;D ;D

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

{"name":"Abort_retry_fail.jpg","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/2\/222e869e55b1fc620d07605faa76ad03.jpg","w":500,"h":375,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/2\/2\/222e869e55b1fc620d07605faa76ad03"}Abort_retry_fail.jpg
Just keep hitting Retry, you never know, it might work. ;P

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

https://www.redhat.com/archives/linux-cluster/2012-August/msg00171.html

Quote:

Member node2.localdomain trying to enable service:WEB...Aborted; service failed

My gosh. Some sort of demon called apache provides abortion as a service! They aborted poor girl named 'web.' Linuxism == Satanism confirmed! And it's even related to the Native Americans! Godless heathens!

;D

Personally, I would have figured Ubuntu would be the devil. And something hard-as-nails to install like Gentoo or Arch would be the way of the the light. Or should that be Fedora, for all the FOSS strictness?

Then again who wants to be one of these guys?

{"name":"iM59R8m.png","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/6\/a6f1aac666b74b3e5d3aebcd79740bce.png","w":359,"h":538,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/a\/6\/a6f1aac666b74b3e5d3aebcd79740bce"}iM59R8m.png

;D

I'm all over the place tonight!

-----sig:

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

This is little more than an opportunity to grow. Learn to think more deeply before you post instead of letting emotion get the better of you. I have lots of posts that people probably think should be deleted, but relatively few that I regret [and can remember]. >:(

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I agree and anyone who doesn't NEEDS TO SHUT THE HELL UP.

-----sig:

piccolo
Member #3,163
January 2003

Real men stand by their words

wow
-------------------------------
i am who you are not am i

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

I would also like to apologize for my posts.

I wouldn't worry about it. Religion in a modern civilized world is nothing more than a mental crutch for those who are too weak minded and fearful to admit to themselves that they are irrelevant, and that life serves no purpose and is ultimately meaningless.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

lul

maximum bravery.

-----sig:

LennyLen
Member #5,313
December 2004

maximum bravery

Maximum anger. I had to endure a sermon on NYE about my eternal soul as the chaplain was taking advantage of the fact that I was strapped to a hospital bed unable to move or speak and couldn't get away. Mindrape should be a crime.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Well, I genuinely apologize for that. S/he probably thought they were doing good / helping you.

Then again, that's not something I would have ever personally done. I'll talk about what I believe if people are curious, but I'm not about telling people they're going to hell.

People can be dicks, regardless of any affiliation to any group or religion.

Then again, if someone is on their possible death bed, and you genuinely believe telling them a little speech might send them to paradise instead of eternal pain, it's pretty clear why someone would be compelled to act that way. That shouldn't be a surprising on a psychological level. In their minds, they're doing an act of kindness--giving you at least chance to receive what in their minds, is the ultimate gift. And if you're on your deathbed, you have one last chance for getting that gift--as opposed to people walking around day-to-day who can change their mind at any time. So it's more important than ever to at least try.

Again, to you, they're mislead. But that doesn't mean their intentions weren't good. If he/she tried to rob you while you're strapped to a bed, that'd be a worse crime, eh? You can always ignore stupid people. You can't unsteal the cash in your wallet.

Hell, (ha, a pun!), I'm religious, and I'm still given religious speeches by random people on occasion. I just tell them "no thanks" and they thank me for my time and walk away. It's not really a personal thing about me. It's more about them and what their speeches mean to them.

-----sig:

Go to: