Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » The Depot » TINS 2017 windows binary pack

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
TINS 2017 windows binary pack
amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Hey everybody

For your convenience, here is version 1 of the windows binary pack edit: version 2 of the windows binary pack.

There are still a few issues:

• There is no binary for iamgreaser's entry yet Iamgreaser's entry is included, although it seems to run much slower than it should be.

• The windows binary for OneWing's entry is the one done by SiegeLord. For me, it crashes nine out of ten times on startup.

I'd appreciate any help you might be able to give with these.

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

Here's another try at the Tragedy game. I fixed two crashes that happened for me, perhaps it'll work better on your computer, amarillion: link.

I'll try compiling the other entry tomorrow.

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

amarillion, did SiegeLord's updated build help with my entry?

I'm jotting all these hiccups down for next time. ;)

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

SiegeLord
Member #7,827
October 2006

So I tried to figure out iamgreaser's entry, but unfortunately I couldn't get it to compile (chicken scheme has kicked my butt), but at least I can give you a self-contained interpreter + somewhat modified source code. One caveat is that it runs very slowly, I am not sure if it's the interpreter's fault, or what. It's playable, but please watch the iamgreaser's video for how it's meant to work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17xUs6eCfwo

And here's the actual archive: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8g8c6fv4ufi62zw/heart.zip?dl=0

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow."-Ecclesiastes 1:18
[SiegeLord's Abode][Codes]:[DAllegro5]:[RustAllegro]

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

SiegeLord, thanks a lot for your help!

I've created binary pack v2.
This includes all entries. Iamgreaser's entry is slow, but everything is playable.

Onewing said:

amarillion, did SiegeLord's updated build help with my entry?

Yes indeed. The first one crashes 9 out of 10 times on start. The second runs normally every time.

SiegeLord said:

One caveat is that it runs very slowly

Indeed, I see the same. I asked Iamgreaser if he could create an exe for us, but he hasn't replied thus far. If he does, I'll make another version. But at least you can get a look at the entry.

Now that there is a build for every entry, I'll open up the voting system very soon.

Go to: