Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Allegro.cc Comments » So... is A.CC going down often the last few days? Or is it just my DNS/internet?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
So... is A.CC going down often the last few days? Or is it just my DNS/internet?
Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Because I can access most sites just fine.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

It's been working fine for me the past couple days, but I rarely check it more than two or three times per day.

MiquelFire
Member #3,110
January 2003

I caught it SLOW one day. And when I say slow, the type of slow I'm amazed a connection timeout didn't occur somewhere.

---
Febreze (and other air fresheners actually) is just below perfumes/colognes, and that's just below dead skunks in terms of smells that offend my nose.
MiquelFire.red | +Me
Windows 8 is a toned, stylish, polished professional athlete. But it’s wearing clown makeup, and that creates a serious image problem. ~PCWorld Article

Edgar Reynaldo
Member #8,592
May 2007

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

It's not just you; it was down for me today for me today as well.

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

A couple times it's been slow af. Last night when I tried to load it was also slow.

Maybe it's too many people loading Thread locks too soon

jmasterx
Member #11,410
October 2009

Yes, very slow...

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

Seemed to be down for a while yesterday.

beoran
Member #12,636
March 2011

Yes, yesterday it was excessively slow. Perhaps a DOS attack? I hope it has been resolved. Our gracious host should be able to explain.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

It gave me 'Connection refused' when I submitted a post. It was then down for a while. About an hour later I found the post, timestamped when I first submitted it. Just in case that helps.

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I've had at least 2-3 hour periods today of no response, no ping. But I think ping is disabled.

I was going to add to my previous post and it just lagged out after I posted.

I wonder if it is related to the thread length. :o

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Yeah, I've been having issues too, but since I have other sites I can go to I don't stress too much over it.

"Can't a man even talk to himself without being interrupted?" -Krull(1983)
"Through vengence I was born. Through war I was trained. Through love I was found. Through death I was released. Through release I was given a purpose." -- Specter Phoenix
"Programming == AWESOME the rest is just tools to accomplish it."
END OF LINE

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

I don't worry about allegro.cc - but is http://tins.amarillion.org working for anyone?

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Eric Johnson
Member #14,841
January 2013

Elias said:

I don't worry about allegro.cc - but is http://tins.amarillion.org working for anyone?

TINS comes up with a "Service Unavailable" message. :(

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

It was down for me (and alledos) today. Maybe ML has scaled back the hosting resources to save monies? :P

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

TINS site should be working! At least it is for me... It's possible you just caught me during the 5 minutes I was doing some server maintenance.

Also make sure it's properly redirecting you to (secure) https://tins.amarillion.org

--
Martijn van Iersel | My Blog | Sin & Cos | Tegel tilemap editor | TINS 2017

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Go to: