Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Off-Topic Ordeals » Mozilla gave $100,000 to secure email platform harnessed by Antifa groups

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
Mozilla gave $100,000 to secure email platform harnessed by Antifa groups
Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/10/10/mozilla-gave-100000-to-secure-email-platform-harnessed-by-anti-fascist-groups.html

Also, I haven't gotten to watch the video yet but here's an undercover video of YouTube staffers admitting they give preferential treatment to organizations like CNN/Daily Show/etc so they don't get hit with advertisement demonitizations and that the trending section is manually curated (so no "bad" people ever get there!).

https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/75q2ws/on_hidden_camera_youtube_insiders_confirm/

Top comment:

Quote:

Is no one else bothered by the fact that the guy is wearing a Google-branded Black Lives Matter hoodie?

Hmm... I wonder if Google has a bias in the organization...

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Antifa's crazy, but not quite as crazy as the nazis are.

Uh, how about we don't support ANY crazy people? I mean, are we really going to pretend the only way to stop Nazis... is to throw away all our laws and rights and just let a bunch of people burn down neighborhoods? The solution to fascism... is fascism?

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

Antifa's crazy, but not quite as crazy as the nazis are.

Violent "revolutionaries" are not as crazy as nazis? Try telling yourself that when you are about to be executed for wrongthink, or excessive privilege ::)

Bob Keane
Member #7,342
June 2006

Uh, how about we don't support ANY crazy people?

The problem with that is it seems anyone who doesn't agree with one person or group is crazy. If you say a woman is too sensitive, you are a sexist. Torhu, I think the word you are looking for is crimethink.

By reading this sig, I, the reader, agree to render my soul to Bob Keane. I, the reader, understand this is a legally binding contract and freely render my soul.
"Love thy neighbor as much as you love yourself means be nice to the people next door. Everyone else can go to hell. Missy Cooper.
The advantage to learning something on your own is that there is no one there to tell you something can't be done.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Bob Keane said:

The problem with that is it seems anyone who doesn't agree with one person or group is crazy.

It's not that difficult. If a group is advocating violence against anyone they disagree with, I'd say that group is crazy. For example, antifa supporters state that anyone whom disagrees with them is a nazi and that punching nazis is perfectly fine. Have an issue with the NFL players kneeling during the national anthem? You're a white supremacist. Disagree with a woman? You're sexist.

Look at the epic train wreck that is Hillary Clinton. She has a career of pissing off voters and not taking responsibility and is now blaming everyone and their mother for her loss other than herself.

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

It's not that difficult. If a group is advocating violence against anyone they disagree with, I'd say that group is crazy.

That sums up my opinion on the matter. Violent Antifisters aren't better than violent skinheads.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

l0l I don't follow the news much, so I may have missed Antifa "burning down neighborhoods".

Look, I'm all for peaceful protest, but somebody's got to stand up to the nazis. Imagine the world if Japan hadn't bombed Pearl Harbor and dragged us into the war. What are you gonna do, ask the nazis real nice like not to lynch and murder black people, jews, and anyone else they consider inferior? If the U.S.A. hadn't stood up to the Third Reich, they would have steamrolled Europe. What, 6 million dead Jews aren't enough?

Gandhi and Nelson Mandela are great men, but ultimately someone has to actually stand up and fight back.

Also, antifa is not an armed movement like the nazis are. So what if a nazi gets punched in the face? Good on em. The KKK and neo nazi groups go heavily armed in the public. They want to murder you, get it?

Also, Antifa has been actively trying to identify and shame the people involved in these KKK marches, as well they should. Takes a lot of guts to stand up to a heavily armed militia with nothing but your bare fists and your voice.

My 2c

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Also, antifa is not an armed movement like the nazis are. So what if a nazi gets punched in the face? Good on em. The KKK and neo nazi groups go heavily armed in the public. They want to murder you, get it?

Also, Antifa has been actively trying to identify and shame the people involved in these KKK marches, as well they should. Takes a lot of guts to stand up to a heavily armed militia with nothing but your bare fists and your voice.

They don't actually get "nazis" correct and beat up innocent people. [Google it.]

For example, here's ANTIFA messing with and berating a ... disabled veteran in a wheelchair and dumps his water bottle on his face:

video

I know the world isn't easily chopped into black-or-white situations but... we can all agree that anyone who assaults a disabled veteran in a wheelchair... is probably the "bad guy" in that situation?

People who attack journalists are usually bad people:

CNN's Tapper: People Need to Know That Antifa Has Assaulted a Number of Journalists

(Or how about anyone who wears masks is probably doing it to commit crimes?)

Here's a footage of an Afghanistan warzone after... oh wait, no this is Berkeley:

video

(No idea about the commenter. But there's tons of footage of them burning down places and attacking women--even dumping bottles of urine on women. In this video a bunch of masked men pepper spray a girl daring to wear a trump hat while giving an interview. So when did a group of men assaulting a women in public become compatible with liberal values? I guess feminism doesn't matter when you wear a red hat.)

And here's the Washington Post having to report that ANTIFA attacked peaceful protesters:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/08/28/black-clad-antifa-attack-right-wing-demonstrators-in-berkeley/

Quote:

Another was attacked by five black-clad antifa members, each windmilling kicks and punches into a man desperately trying to protect himself.

Our rights apply to the worst of us, so that there's never any question that they apply to the rest of us.

-----sig:

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

You realize that Antifa and more importantly the supporters have a free floating definition of what a "Nazi" is? If you say something they don't agree with or dress a way the don't like, then they may call you a nazi. For example, apparently any person that shaves their head is a Neo-Nazi according to Antifa supporters and should be punched in the face.

I read recently that Department of Homeland Security has declared them a domestic terrorist group due to their actions.

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Here's a woman pepper-sprayed for wearing a Make Bitcoin Great Again hat.

video

Possibly the same woman as the previous video compilation, from a different angle.

Bitcoin = Fascism? ANTIFA has no patience for blockchain ciphers!

-----sig:

raynebc
Member #11,908
May 2010

Look, I'm all for peaceful protest, but somebody's got to stand up to the nazis.

Ever hear about police? When people take matters in their own hands and violently attack other people, it's vigilantism at best and terrorism at worst. Anybody responding to words with physical violence is in the wrong. As others have pointed out, Antifa conflates "nazis" as anybody who is vocally against their extremist agenda.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Ok, well, obviously I don't watch enough news. I would never support behavior like Chris Katko reports they exhibit.

All I saw was some cable special on Antifa, and it didn't paint them in any where near as bad of a light as Katko does.

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

Antifa are either supported or ignored by large portions of the media, aided by some politicians, academia (several professors have been arrested or outed, like "professor Pez" or the bikelock guy, but the main support seems to be in the form of ideological indoctrination of students), they receive funding from people like George Soros, and now Mozilla. Nazis are basically just hated by everyone. Nazism died 70 years ago, it does not seem to have any serious institutional or financial backing today. Big difference. To some extent, Antifa function as the brownshirts of the neo-marxist (or whatever, some call themselves "anarcho-communists", etc.) movement.

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Political correctness has gotten out of control. Identity politics, thought policing, etc. has gone out of control. Those claiming to want equality are more divisive than Trump and that was almost impossible.

For example, just this week a woman posted on the Game Industry Conference twitter account:

Quote:

Women in games is about to start! Gamedev ladies, join us and meet the pretty side of #gamedev. More: gic.gd/party-guide #womeningames

Feminist game devs and other equality ideologue game devs took to attacking the tweet as sexist. One female dev claimed "pretty" undermined professional accomplishments. As I stated on my Twitter, your professional accomplishments are shit if a word undermines them. GIC's response to this was to fire the woman that made the tweet.

[Append #1]
Incident above covered: http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/09/female-game-developer-fired-for-calling-other-women-pretty/
AAA game dev putting his two cents in:

video

[Append #2]
Professor Pez? Are you talking about the one that called for killing police?

What some don't know about the Charlottesville incident, according to residents there, that Antifa leaders and KKK leaders talked openly about causing the incident that ended with a woman dead weeks before it happened even offering to put up money. This is from the internet though, so take it with a grain of salt.

Erin Maus
Member #7,537
July 2006

Good. MLK would not have succeeded were it not for Malcom X.

Aside: it's funny how YouTube is evil yet you lot get your opinions from YouTube talking heads.

---
ItsyRealm, a quirky 2D/3D RPG where you fight, skill, and explore in a medieval world with horrors unimaginable.
they / she

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

Aside: it's funny how YouTube is evil yet you lot get your opinions from YouTube talking heads.

You mean this talking head?

video

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

Fun fact: Gun control was literally started as a means to keep the newly freed slaves subservient to the majority. I just heard it from two historians on ... NPR... who agreed 100% with each other:

In the 60's California's gun control history started as a means to stop blacks from protecting themselves from the corrupt cops/society/etc. The Black Panthers were openly carrying loaded assault rifles (their constitutional right) and California wanted to put them down.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Mulford_Act

The majority Democrats also voted for it. :) Of course that should offend no one unless they're playing tribalism and pretending that "Democrats = the good guys".

Also, after the civil war "black codes" required blacks to get permits for guns, permits that weren't required for white people. Free blacks were also kidnapped from free states and taken back into slavery, so guns would make that difficult. (Guns for PERSONAL DEFENSE? But liberal media said that was never the intent of the 2nd amendment!)

https://www.firearmsandliberty.com/cramer.racism.html

Another fun history fact people forget. Democrats are the party that was for slavery and Republican party literally started to end it.

Quote:

Founded by anti-slavery activists, economic modernizers, ex-Whigs, and ex-Free Soilers in 1854, the Republicans dominated politics nationally and in the majority of northern states for most of the period between 1860 and 1932.[17]

Quote:

Opposing factions led by Henry Clay helped form the Whig Party. The Democratic Party had a small but decisive advantage over the Whigs until the 1850s, when the Whigs fell apart over the issue of slavery. In 1854, angry with the Kansas–Nebraska Act, anti-slavery Democrats left the party and joined Northern Whigs to form the Republican Party.[23][24]

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Republican_Party_(United_States)

Quote:

The radical pro-slavery Fire-Eaters led a walkout at both the April Democratic convention in Charleston's Institute Hall and the June convention in Baltimore when the national party would not adopt a resolution supporting the extension of slavery into territories even if the voters of those territories did not want it. These Southern Democrats nominated the pro-slavery incumbent vice president, John C. Breckinridge of Kentucky, for president and General Joseph Lane, former Governor of Oregon, for vice president.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Democratic_Party_(United_States)#/1828.E2.80.931860

I mean, if you actually believe what liberals think, that "the system" is out to get them and blacks are disproportionately attacked by "institutional racism" then their "solution" to that... is to take away innocent blacks ability to defend themselves and give all the guns... to the racist institutions? Wow. ::) Why do liberals want black people to die? ???

Those who can't attack logic, attack credentials.

-----sig:

Specter Phoenix
Member #1,425
July 2001

The majority Democrats also voted for it. :) Of course that should offend no one unless they're playing tribalism and pretending that "Democrats = the good guys".

http://www.history.com/topics/ku-klux-klan

For people saying violence is the answer:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/kkk-klu-klux-klan-members-leave-black-man-racism-friends-convince-persuade-chicago-daryl-davis-a7489596.html

Violence just breeds violence.

It seems even Malcolm X grew to have views similar to MLK near the end of his life.
http://malcolmx.com/biography/

Go to: