Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

I thought it was funny. Reminde me of this:

video

[edit]

Also HOLY CRAP. It's good-as-hell the Nazi's didn't have YouTube in 1930's:

video

Because almost impossible to not nod along with this video.

/secret_nazi_status_confirmed

/journalism_snooping_win

/chris_katko_literally_a_nazi

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
"Political Correctness is fascism disguised as manners" --George Carlin

jhuuskon
Member #302
April 2000

Adolf knows how to do it and he does it real well.

video

You don't deserve my sig.

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Yes. Yes he does.

video

--
Bruce "entheh" Perry [ Web site | DUMB | Set Up Us The Bomb !!! | Balls ]
Programming should be fun. That's why I hate C and C++.
The brxybrytl has you.

Arvidsson
Member #4,603
May 2004

Quote:

<angry post deleted>

When people insult me, I try to view them as small children or perhaps dogs. If a dog is barking at me, I don't get angry. It's just a dog, it doesn't know better. Thus, my feeling are not affected. It takes practice though, but it's really nice when you're able to completely ignore negative and annoying people. If you study their words, you understand that they are often really talking about themselves and their own problems and not about you. So, anger turns to pity. I often feel sorry for the insulters in the end instead of being angry at them.

torhu
Member #2,727
September 2002

{"name":"611078","src":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/0\/a\/0a4bc886bffcb5b869617344327df0b6.jpg","w":500,"h":313,"tn":"\/\/djungxnpq2nug.cloudfront.net\/image\/cache\/0\/a\/0a4bc886bffcb5b869617344327df0b6"}611078

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Wow, I missed that.

I also remember being sensitive to that kind of criticism, and in my case, the problem was I really believed I must be getting everything wrong and every criticism was valid. In the end, my perceptiveness improved over time, I had some CBT which raised my self-awareness in such situations, and - probably the most important thing - I gained some good support networks, in the form of colleagues, orchestras, even people like my piano teacher - you can find good allies in all sorts of unexpected places. These aren't people I bring every problem to, just people who like me and I know it, so that I don't have to go through life blaming myself every time someone doesn't.

Everyone's problem is different, but if Neil is still reading this, then there's a checklist - see if any of that is missing and could help. The comment from Edgar should really have stayed in the thread it related to, but it's worth finding ways to be more resilient to curve-ball criticisms if you can, since you never know when and in which community the next one will happen.

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Yay! <3

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

This was discussed privately. We're both good.

Agreed.

Lesson, don't post on social media when you're having a bad day. I am sort of glad about this because this sort of thing always causes me to take a second look at myself and re-examine what I do. I'll definitely be more careful in the future.

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

Bruce Perry
Member #270
April 2000

Did you just call allegro.cc "social media"? :o I resent being accused of using social media, you Nazi ;D

Intended fully in silliness - hope that's obvious :)

--
The brxybrytl has you.

Neil Roy
Member #2,229
April 2002

Now sure what else to call this. ;)

---
“I love you too.” - last words of Wanda Roy

1   2 

Go to: