amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Welcome!
No better time to learn :)

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

I will try. I might end up doing most of my learning by looking at the source code of other entries.

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Mark Oates
Member #1,146
March 2001

Ok, I signed up. Hopefully, I can game game it up!! 8-)8-)

How many people do we have competing?

--
Visit CLUBCATT.com for cat shirts, cat mugs, puzzles, art and more <-- coupon code ALLEGRO4LIFE at checkout and get $3 off any order of 3 or more items!

AllegroFlareAllegroFlare DocsAllegroFlare GitHub

Onewing
Member #6,152
August 2005

We're up to 16!

------------
Solo-Games.org | My Tech Blog: The Digital Helm

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

In binary we are up to 10000!

[edit:]

So what's everyone's shopping list for TINS? There is obviously no time to go to the store or cook so my plan is to get a large amount of caffeinated drinks and a lot of snacks to survive on exclusively over the weekend.

At least that was the original plan which included my wife spending the weekend at her parents' place - now she got strep-throat and will probably stay home. I'm also worried I'll get sick as well (I usually get whatever she gets with a 2-3 days delay) which would suck a lot since it probably would mean I'd have to miss out on this TINS :(

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Gassa
Member #5,298
December 2004

I saw the list of Allegro languages linked in TINS rules. The list contains rather outdated information on D bindings (some allegro 4 bindings). I tried to edit in the current version by SiegeLord. But after registration, email confirmation and editing, the wiki thinks I am an abuser by the rule "phone number". No idea what that even means, nothing on the page - let alone my one-line edit - looks like a phone number.

Not exactly encouraging. Can something be done about this, on Wiki side, TINS rules side, or otherwise?

Thomas Fjellstrom
Member #476
June 2000

I'll look into the error. My awesome regex skills may be too awesome for mediawiki.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom - [website] - [email] - [Allegro Wiki] - [Allegro TODO]
"If you can't think of a better solution, don't try to make a better solution." -- weapon_S
"The less evidence we have for what we believe is certain, the more violently we defend beliefs against those who don't agree" -- https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730

Neil Black
Member #7,867
October 2006

I've been working through the tutorials, but any time I call al_draw_bitmap() the program crashes. I'm not sure why. Might go start a thread in Programming Questions about it.

amarillion
Member #940
January 2001

Gassa, it would be good to get that page updated, but it doesn't affect TINS - that list is just an illustration. Any language binding that works for you is allowed.

Gassa
Member #5,298
December 2004

Thomas, I'm looking forward to that.

Martijn, thank you for the clarification.

I'm off to make some sense of the "silly morphing dancing doctor on Youtube" rule set.

Edit: And, sorry, I'm out this time. Turned out to be much stuff going on for me locally this weekend. Kudos to those who will make it (4 entries already)!

bamccaig
Member #7,536
July 2006

Regarding the comment in the email about the competition being so small this year, I wonder if efforts should be made next year to contact past participants that are no longer active in the Allegro community. Maybe they'd come back for a special occasion to participate, and it might help get the numbers up. Sort of like a reunion. I'm not sure how to contact them though. Might have to rely on individuals having external contact info and spreading the news to peers. Just a thought..

1   2 

Go to: