Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Programming Questions » How to make a audio frequency displayer?

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
How to make a audio frequency displayer?
divyesh ladva
Member #16,557
September 2016

I want to make a Microsoft media player clone. It will only play audio files more specifically mp3 and wav files. I want some help on how to make visualizations, like in the image I attached. I don't know much of allegro audio functions. Sorry for that. Thanks for help ;)

Arthur Kalliokoski
Second in Command
February 2005

I attached a zipfile that has source to something similar, meant to tune a guitar by finding the highest value of an FFT for a given note. It doesn't even compile anymore but it might give you some ideas.

“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty. This is known as "bad luck.”

― Robert A. Heinlein

Chris Katko
Member #1,881
January 2002

FFT is definitely what's used to make that. Read up on FFT.

-----sig:
“Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.” - Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs

Elias
Member #358
May 2000

ex_mixer_pp which comes with Allegro also could be useful.

--
"Either help out or stop whining" - Evert

Go to: