Allegro.cc - Online Community

Allegro.cc Forums » Installation, Setup & Configuration » 4.4.2 Static Library Files for Windows

This thread is locked; no one can reply to it. rss feed Print
4.4.2 Static Library Files for Windows
AceBlkwell
Member #13,038
July 2011

All,

I've finished my game finally. Well taken it as far as I'm going to 8-). I'm using Allegro 4.4.2. In Linux, with Eclipse IDE, I can static link the program, no problem. However with Dev-CPP portable and the devpak in Windows 7 I haven't had much luck.

Originally I used the liballeg_s.a file but I guess there are a bunch of dependencies. So I looked for a package with all the dependencies added. Unfortunately my mingw was too old. So I opted to install the latest Dev-Cpp portable with mingw64 packed with it. Then I added the 4.4.2 devpak. Now there is no liballeg_s.a file. I don't know what lib file to use to compile the program both static and not now.

In short can someone help me find the correct allegro lib to add to the project so I can compile the game statically?

Thanks
Ace

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

AceBlkwell
Member #13,038
July 2011

Thanks Edgar. Only one potential hold up. Are there IDEs without mingw? In order to install yours I assume the there couldn't be any prior to that.

In any case I do appreciate the help.

Ace

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

AceBlkwell
Member #13,038
July 2011

Edgar,

I downloaded the files your link went to. I have Eclipses installed. I know you probably aren't and expert in every IDE but if you are familiar with Eclipse, can you recommend where to unzip the files at. Currently they have their own main directory in which all other directories and files are dumped in. As a result I have multiple \bin and \include folders. Do I simply copy/move them to eclipse directory?

I appreciate all the help.

Ace

Edgar Reynaldo
Major Reynaldo
May 2007

Sorry, I missed your reply.

I don't use Eclipse, so I don't have any idea how to configure it. Use the Eclipse help to figure out how to add compiler and linker search directories. You also have to know how to make Eclipse use your version of MinGW. Sorry I can't be of much help here...

AceBlkwell
Member #13,038
July 2011

Thx Edgar,

I have portable Eclipse running, I'll find where to put mingw files before long. I do appreciate your help. If I can get the static compile, I may up load here. If anyone is interested. It's not that complicated but it evolved a long way from the text version I did as an exercise from a introduction lesson ;D. Actually the board status is still controlled by text behind the graphics.

thanks again,
Ace

Go to: